Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What was your favorite B&B in Killarney?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2000, 12:39 PM
Patti Suttle

I am almost finished with my Irish itinerary but wanted to hear from those of you who have stayed in Killarney (in B&B's) which one was your favorite? <BR>Thank you for your time! <BR>Patti

Old Nov 28th, 2000, 05:40 PM
Linda

We spent 3 wonderful days in Killarney and stayed at Applecroft House. We had the "poets corner" room and it was top-notch...lovely decor in forest greens and burgundy..small table to sit at and have tea or coffee after a day of sightseeing and a huge bathroom with beautiful tiles. If you are there in warm weather this room has a small patio that over-looks the garden. Nice breakfasts in the dining room that has large windows looking out onto the garden. Easy 10 min. walk into Killarney and a short walk to a pub for a pint.

Old Nov 28th, 2000, 07:54 PM
Charlene Meade

Patti, <BR>We were in Killarney in March. Stayed at the Oaklawn House on Muckross Drive. <BR>It was gorgeous. Nice people, close to town.If you're in Killarney in winter don't miss Quills Woolen Market in town. <BR>The sale on sweaters was incredible. Had to buy another suitcase to take them all home. Paid half summer prices or less.What a find! <BR>You will love Killarney. Also if you are from the US - bring home the Twinings tea sold there in the markets. You can't buy it here. The fruit and herb infusions are to die for. <BR>Have fun!! <BR>Char

Old Nov 28th, 2000, 08:01 PM
Char

OOPS.. Oaklawn House telephone # is <BR>064-32616. Proprietor is RoseMary O'Connell. It has won the award for Best Town and Country home 4 consecutive years. Nice view of town and the steeples. Easy walk to town. <BR>Char

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 09:12 AM
Debbie

Hi Patti <BR> I just returned from Ireland on Nov. 18th. <BR> We stayed at the Crystal Springs B&B in Killarney. It was lovely, well kept, plenty of parking and not far from the city center ( a mile or two). <BR> <BR>I would definitely stay there again. <BR>their web site is crystalspringsbb.com and the pictures there are good shots - very much what you will get in person. <BR> <BR>(Breakfast was very good as well) <BR> <BR>Debbie

Old Nov 29th, 2000, 09:28 AM
Jan

The tip on Quills Woolen market is spot on. They have beautiful sweaters and clothing that is well priced. I am so sorry I did not make my purchases there. It was our first shopping spot and i thought I wanted to keep looking. The quality and prices were excellent, especially with the current exchange rate. If you have any interest in golf the Killarney golf course was one of the prettiest i have ever played. Enjoy this beautiful country.