Reload this Page >

What Tour Operator is recommended

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 07:04 AM
Gabrielle

We are planning a family trip to Italy next July. The more I look at brochures the more difficult it becomes to choose a Tour Operator. I need a Tour that will be suitable for adults and teenagers.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 07:14 AM
Book Chick

Gabrielle, <BR>I would recommend to you my former Italian professor. Because he still teaches, he relates to young people very well & has been the recipient of a number of teaching awards. (His students just love him.) He now runs Palladio Tours in addition to teaching. Their toll-free number is 877-999-8754, and their web site is www.palladio-tours.com <BR> <BR>Give them a try; if they can't accomodate you for some reason, they may be able to recommend someone else. They pride themselves that all their tours are conducted by native Italians (including my former prof!). <BR>Buona Fortuna & Buon Viaggio, <BR>BC

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 09:12 AM
Clare

My folks did a Trafalger Tour last year (they said that there were some families on it) and had a really good time. I think they are a tour group based out of london, but probably on the web too.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 11:43 AM
run

Hi Gabrielle, <BR>Every time in Italy I travel thank to a deutsche operator, Catherina, who has worked in all the most important city (now at the Cinque Terre)and can provide all the services you need. It is not a big operator but very fast and pleasent. her e-mail is [email protected]

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 12:06 PM
John G

I also recommend Trafalgar for Italy. I took one of their tours of Italy and Greece and I had such a good time. There were families on my tour-an Indian couple with their two children, and a couple from Puerto Rico with one child. The children were very well behaved and added to the fun of the tour because children are well recieved in Italy. The kids were a great ice-breakers,playing soccer with the locals when we were at roadside spots. I digress....Anyhow, Trafalgar took good care of us all. The local guides were fabulous and very accomodating. I think you get your money's worth with Trafalgar.