Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What to wear for footwear for Venice,Florence & Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 11:35 AM
Kay

I am concerned about staying dry and warm since I'm traveling with my 12 yr. old dau at just after Christmas. One person suggested duck boots in another post, is this the idea?<BR>thanks for help

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 11:54 AM
Kris

While in Rome, you should be fine with a pair of leather, very comfortable walking shoes. However, you will encounter rain in Florence and likely flooding in Venice. I would recommend a pair of rubberized shoes, like duck boots, for these locations. Just make sure whatever footwear you bring, that it is comfortable and well broken in.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 07:40 PM
Ginger

Hello Kay: I know exactly how you feel as I'll be in Venice Dec 11 - 16 and am also wondering about chilly, wet toes! If you want me to e-mail you once I'm back and let you know about footwear fashion in floods let me know

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 08:20 PM
Jack

Hi - we've been in Venice in Nov. for the past two years - we both wear Doc Martin's boots - - sprayed with a liberal dose of waterproofing. We found they're the only footwear we take. Good walking.

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 07:20 AM
Kay

Ginger, yes please let me know about your trip. Thanks to others for help also.<BR>K