Reload this Page >

Holiday Inn Kensington London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Elvira

Anyone stayed at this hotel? Can you give any info on it? room? location? close to any attractions? Thanks!!!

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 06:53 AM
amy

Hi Elvira:<BR><BR>If this is the one I think it is, it's right across the street from the Gloucester Tube. I chose it four years ago for the tube location and because I could get the American room arrangement I wanted--adjoining rooms (was traveling with small children who take forever in bathrooms, so did not want typical British family room lined-up beds, one bath arrangement). We ended up liking its other advantages, too. You're just down the street from the V&A Museum, you can step out the door and get a bus to Harrod's in an instant, and you can even get takeout food from a number of places right by the station. We enjoyed the local bistros in the neighborhood (one whose name I forget had a scrumptious rocket salad that was to die for). The Holiday Inn had a good breakfast buffet, too.<BR><BR>The room was very much like a typical American motel room--two nice double beds, good bathroom, etc.--with double glazing!<BR><BR>Would I stay there again? I would have no objection, but now that the kids are older and can stay on a different floor from us with no problem, I might try a boutique hotel near the British Museum for a different experience. But that statement is less a reflection of the place than a reflection of my wanting to try new things.

Old Feb 17th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Elvira

Hi, Amy!<BR> Thank you very much for posting all this info. It will be very helpful Thanks, again!

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 06:05 AM
Erin

Elvira & Amy: are you referring to the Holiday Inn that used to be The Forum Kensington (on Cromwell Rd)??? My sister is also looking for info on this hotel.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 10:35 AM
AMY

erin: I don't know what it used to be. It was the Holiday Inn Kensington four years ago and it's the Holiday Inn Kensington now (just looked at some pictures on the Internet, so it's the same place), so if there's been an evolution of sorts, I'm unaware of it.<BR><BR>Yes, it is on Cromwell Rd.<BR><BR>Hope this is helpful.<BR><BR>PS: Elvira, just read your latest Paris post. Had never wanted to go to the Pantheon until you described it. Now it's on my list.