Reload this Page >

What to do in Scotland?

Search

What to do in Scotland?

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2001, 12:24 PM
lisa kinnear

What to do in Scotland?

Besides Edinburgh, Glasgow and Stirling, what are some not to be missed places to visit?

Old May 14th, 2001, 12:40 PM
Sheila

Most of the rest of the place! <BR> <BR>Seriously, what are you interested in? Otherwise we could be hear for the duration.

Old May 14th, 2001, 01:04 PM
christy

We (mom and teen daughter) too are interested in not to be missed sights in Scotland. We will be there late July, early August and have about 5 days to see the highlights for our first trip. We like history, nature, castles, celtic music and would like to be as much off the tour bus track, if possible in such a short time. We are considering renting a car if I can find an automatic transmission at a good price. <BR>We would love imput about good places to stay (30-40 pounds a night?) and favorite itinineries. We then hope to add 2-3 days in Edinburgh for city sights. <BR> <BR>Thanks for any help. <BR> <BR>Christy

Old May 14th, 2001, 04:27 PM
Danna

Kirkcudbright and be sure to have a pint at the Masonic Arms. Other than that don't overlook Galloway region, castles, gardens and the most wonderful people. Have a Grand Time!

Old May 14th, 2001, 06:38 PM
ellie

We enjoyed Traquair House near Interleithen in the Borders area of Southern Scotland. They actually run a B&B in the historic castle which is enormously exciting to stay at - but may exceed your budget. The house and grounds are very interesting to tour if you find yourself in the area - an easy drive from Edinburgh. There's a fascinating old printing company you may tour in the town nearby - I think it's called something like Joseph Smails print shop and, I believe, run by the National Trust. Traquair House has a website with lots of interesting details.