Reload this Page >

What to do in Ansbach, Germany

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Tanis

I will be spending a few days in Ansbach, Germany this July and wnat to know what sites are recommended. Is there a flea or farmers's market? If so, on what days? Is there a wine or beer tasting tour nearby? Cheese factory tours? I have checked the websites and can't find much of this sort of info. Any help would be appreciated.

Old May 15th, 2002, 04:10 PM
xxx

TTT

Old May 15th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Russ

I don't know Ansbach, but it's not far from the "Beer Road", a trail of private breweries just to the northeast often visited by bicyclists and motorists. Here's a map of the road:<BR><BR>http://www.bierstrasse.de/karte_gross.html<BR><BR>You'll find a page in English that explains the basics at the home page of the above website.<BR><BR>There's an open air farm museum in Bad Windsheim, one town on the beer road, with 75 buildings, open 9-6, closed Mondays:<BR><BR>www.freilandmuseum.de<BR><BR>

Old May 18th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Tanis

Thanks for the ideas.

Old May 18th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Bob

Ansbach is a nice small town that is also near Rothenburg and Nuremburg. If you have time to tour either of those cities you will enjoy both. Ansbach is in the middle of them.