My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe at the end of May 2013. We'll have three weeks "on the ground" time (not including the day we fly in and leave, and an extra day for jet lag).
We have our hearts set on London, Paris (with a side trip to Normandy) and Munich, but we want to add one more stop/country if possible. Before you say it, I know that we can spend our entire three weeks in any one of those cities but we're the "go, go, go" type (especially my husband) so I think it could be doable for us depending on the distance to travel.
What would be a good choice within a reasonable distance? Some ideas I've been debating are Amsterdam, Prague, Salzberg/somewhere else in Austria or Venice/Rome.
My husband likes beer and WWII history. I like Jewish history, looking at good architecture and some more quirky things, I suppose. We're both down for a good museum (especially a science or aviation museum for my husband) and we'd like to try and balance city life out with some natural beauty sometimes, if possible... if any of that helps.
Thanks for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Christmas Markets 2017
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 Le Marche Research Help
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 land vs river cruise
- 9 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 12 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 16 paris to london- day trip
- 17 10 days in europe
- 18 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 19 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Where to stay in Naples?
- 23 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 European honeymoon help needed