Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is the worst hotel you've ever stayed in?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Windy

And are any of these one of them!<BR><BR>(These are in Florence)<BR>Locanda dei Guelfi<BR>Hotel Centrale<BR>Pensione Maria Luisa de'Medici<BR><BR>Windy

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:24 PM
No

No

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:55 PM
irish

The Hotel Valley in Milan. Mean old smoking man owner.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Teresa

The Savoy in London. Biggest disappointement: old tired rooms, bad service!

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Jill

Hotel Henri IV in Paris at 25 place Dauphine was the worst that I have ever stayed at. Of course though it is only a one star hotel so I guess the expectations cannot be set very high.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Michelle

There have been several for different reasons:<BR><BR>Segovia Spain - Residencia Las Sirenas, a fire trap! Only place in town on a Sat. night. Tiny window with really no way out. We slept with our clothes on in case we had to make a quick get away.<BR><BR>Pamplona, Spain - My cousin's apartment- I won't go into it.<BR><BR>Bagnoregio, Italy - Hotel Fidanza, a Rick Steves pick. I didn't think it was that bad as far as the rooms. But it was November and I think we were the only ones there. It sort of seemed like a flop house for these creepy guys. They were hanging around the TV room. It just seemed a little odd!

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Faye

A B & B castle in Ireland. We were there on the shoulder season and so were put in our own section of the castle. There were noises and bumps and giggles in the halls all night long, so in the morning we asked when the other guests were coming down for breakfast, the owner told us we were the only guests! Spooky.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 08:27 PM
sherry

Faye, Do you remember the name of the castle B&B in Ireland? Sounds like fun. Other than the ghosts was it okay?

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 10:57 PM
Faye

I'll look it up in my notes. Yes it was fine, a little strange, but an adventure to say the least.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 05:12 AM
AJ

We stayed at a hotel in Amsterdam that had mirrors all over the walls and ceilings, kind of creepy. I felt that we were being watched all the time!

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 05:42 AM
Boo

Motel 6 - Plymouth, Indiana

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 05:58 AM
andi

The George Hotel in London, 1980. There were two of us in a room with 5 beds, and the room had 3-D textured brown wallpaper, really ugly, plus it was filled with noisy young people partying all night. Breakfast was gross.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Paul

Another vote for Hotel Henri IV in Paris. Cheap, but awful.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 08:47 AM
Dump

Henri IV- Paris = what a dump!!!<BR>

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Kelly

Hotel L'Ottagano in Andria, Italy (near Bari). Run down, not maintained, not interested!

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Toodie

Hotel Beaune - 29, rue de Beaune 75007 Paris - Perfectly crummy place: Little dogs running around that use the carpet for toilet (the remains of which are not cleaned up); strange old lady runs the lobby; rooms are dank and dreary--2 stars but recommended in Fodors Charming Small Inns & Hotels. Thank goodness we were only there one night before flying home to San Francisco!

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 02:31 PM
xxx

Allan's Welcome Motel in Clayton New Mexico. The worst fleabag motel in the entire US. Got stuck in Clayton during an icestorm. They had the only rooms left.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 03:57 PM
sandra

Hands down The Hotel Du Seine, rue de Seine Paris .The grossest Hotel I have ever set foot in

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Thyra

Hotel Star in Milan... a terrible pit, overpriced and mean truly mean staff.<BR>And some weird Earl's Court B & B that had an army of bed bugs jumping out, as soon as you pulled down the blankets... oh it was awful, but we were backpackers,,, and didn't know better, we ended up sleeping on the filthy carpet, using our soiled clothes for sheets... ugg!! I hope they tore that place down...

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Paula

Pensione Seguso in Venice. We had reservations for 4 nights, but left after one (losing money in the deal, but it wasn't worth staying.) The floors slanted, the beds were awful, the bathrooms weren't clean,and the staff were not helpful. I'm shocked Fodors recommends it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -