Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is the weather like in Italy in Nov?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 1999, 03:10 PM
Sally

We have been to Italy in early Nov. the last two years.The weather was mostly very pleasant- two rainy days out of two weeks. It was cool enough for a sweater or a light jacket. We enjoyed it.However,in Rome, the hotels had not turned on their heat yet.

Old Feb 3rd, 1999, 07:12 PM
John

Depends where you are in Italy! The north is colder than the south.

Old Feb 4th, 1999, 04:40 AM
julia

We would be going to Venice, Florence, Amalfi Coast and Rome.

Old Feb 4th, 1999, 04:56 AM
John

Julia, I was in Rome & the Amalfi coast during the middle of last October. The weather was similar to what Sally said. The days were sunny and very pleasant, but the nights which were also pleasant were cool enough for a sweater or a light jacket. The nights were still warm enough to eat outdoors. I would expect Florence to be cooler and Venice more so. How much? I'm not sure. You can check out the typical weather for these locations by accessing one of their web sites or a Europeon weather site. Keep in mind that what you will find will only be typical and may be different, either worse or better than when you are there. November can be iffy similar to March which could be very pleasant or very wet and dismal.

Old Feb 4th, 1999, 08:23 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Sally, November is the wettest month of <BR>the year---especially in the north. <BR>I would expect temps in the 50s and <BR>take your rain coat. Good luck !

Old Feb 8th, 1999, 11:24 AM
lauravp

Oct. may be a better time of year to go.