Reload this Page >

Paris tour guide

Search

Paris tour guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 03:23 AM
Tim

Paris tour guide

Can anyone recommend a guide in Paris who can make the art, history and architecture come alive for a family including younger children. Half or full day tours considered. I thought someone was mentioned here in past postes that I cannot find now. There was an American I think?<BR>Tim<BR> <BR>

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 04:15 AM
Peg

Contact Michael Osman at [email protected]. He's a wonderful guide and will customize your tour to what is of interest to you and your family.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Amy

Does anyone have any other tour guide suggestions? I've emailed Michael twice over the past 2 weeks concerning my trip in November and have received no response.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 04:48 PM
mimi taylor

I don't use guides but friends have used michel and have been pleased. I only know him from his forum on msn, destination paris, and he will answer questions.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Michele

Amy:<BR><BR>Don't give up on Michael Osman. We used him for a day in Paris and he was wonderful. It did take a while for him to get back to us via e-mail.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Dianne

I agree with the previous poster, don't give up on Michael, sometimes he is very busy.<BR><BR>We had a wonderful day with him last Spring. <BR><BR>Dianne

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Amy

Thanks for the advice to be patient with Michael - I'd given up but will keep trying!

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Ed

We had the same difficulty in contacting Michael. But, taking the advice from others in this forum, we were patient and tried using email, phone and a fax. <BR><BR>Our patience paid off. We spent three days with Michael in Paris (we were originally scheduled for two but enjoyed his work so much, we got him for a third day). He was an outstanding guide. He knows the city, knows the architecture, knows the art work and is enjoyable company. He got along with our kids. We liked how he listened to them and was very good at shaping parts of the tour to their interests.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Harris

I was very lucky to have reached Michael for a past trip taken with my family and children at the start of this fall. He was exactly what we needed to make it through the Louvre along with visiting other sites in the city. He made it fun for everyone and told informative stories about both the works of art we saw and the sites that we visited. As I recall, we did struggle a little bit at first to reach him by e-mail. He's probably busy because he does a great service as a guide. He needs an assistance to keep track of his e-mail. Your persistance in trying to reach him will pay off. Good luck.<BR>H

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Stcirq

Tim:<BR><BR>If you want another option, send me an e-mail. I have a friend who is a 20+-year veteran of Paris Vision who now does some freelance guiding as well. She knows every stone in Paris and is very good with children.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 09:35 AM
anna

Try Virginian [email protected].<BR>She made a customized tour for us of Pere Lachaise cemetery-one of best experience ever in Paris-the cost was about $60 Cdn. I hightly recommend her

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Anne

My father and I used Michael for a day a couple of weeks ago. He gave us a wonderful tour. He is very busy right now, and mentioned he was having trouble getting to all the emails. Don't give up...he's worth it!!<BR><BR>Anne

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Linda

I'm just curious, but is it usually very expensive to hire a guide for just one couple? I'd love to do it, but my husband is a &quot;let's just walk out the door and go&quot; kind of guy. Sometimes we do well and see everything we want to and other times we miss most of what's out there. I'm going to Paris in December without him and was thinking a guide this time might be great. Thanks!

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Anne

Linda, Michael's price was VERY reasonable...it was just two of us, and we are cheap Send him an email, and he'll let you know a price based on what you want to do. I assumed we couldn't afford him on our budget, but was very wrong!

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 07:19 PM
b

Try searching for Paris Walking Tours (http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ParisWalking/)<BR>&amp; <BR>(www.parisapied.com).<BR><BR>The former has been recommended several times on this forum for fixed tours they offer. Their site shows their daily schedule of tours. Each is roughly 2 hours.