Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is the single most interesting thing about you?

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 03:30 PM
Getting To Know You

After all of the nasty threads over the last month or so, let's take a break and get to know each other a bit.

What is the single most interesting thing about you? It can be a hobby, a quirk, a strange experience, an unusual feature, whatever, so long as no one would take it as bragging. And of course, you only get to name one, so be selective. Be sure and explain whatever it is and tell us the background we need, so we can all sit at our computers, give a virtual nod and say, "Wow. That is kind of interesting."

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 03:39 PM
anon

to getting to know you
why not start by telling us about you. We might then follow!!!

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 04:15 PM
chakra turning

I have a third eye. It's in the middle of my forehead. It's open. I can see your aura. May be considered an unusual feature.

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Getting to Know You

Well, if this thread gets going, I'll come back and add something under the name I usually use on this board. I don't like to start threads under my own name, you see.

How about if you go first, anon?

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 04:26 PM
His Wife

Well, my husband guesses on his first try what the present is. Doesn't matter who gives it to him, how big it is or how small--he takes one look and tells you what is inside. He has never, not even once, been wrong. Been doing this all his life. Has never even come close to picking the lottery numbers, though.

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 04:30 PM
anon

I also usually reply under my true name on this forum. Probably the most unusual thing about me( well I think anyway!) is that I have seen a ghost. It was years ago when I stayed in a house that was over 100 years old. It was of a young girl and I saw her several times. she was never threatening. In fact, by accident, when researching something else, I found in newspaper archives that a young girl had died in that house about 50 years ago. that would have fitted in with the clothes she was wearing!! I have also had several incidents of "deja vu". Now there is no way I will come clean about my true identity. People on this forum would not take any of my advice seriously!!!!Over to you !!

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Getting to Know You

Well, I can't possibly hold a candle to someone who has seen a ghost. That's pretty cool!

The only thing I can think of is that my doctor "flipped" my baby while it was still inside me, a week before it was due. The baby was positioned feet first, and babies need to be born head first. So, rather than do a breech birth or a Cesarean, they decided to try a version. I kid you not -- they had me lie on my back wide awake, and then two doctors grabbed the baby, lifted up, and turned it clockwise 180 degrees to get it head down. Worked like a charm!

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 05:11 PM
Ed

My husband and I were on the Celebrity ship, Galaxy, a few years ago. Near midnight one night, the ship made a sudden sharp turn and went back to where we were an hour earlier because some people reported that they heard someone yelling "help" in the water. The ship stayed in that same spot for a few hours with the spotlights shining on the sea, and finally two men came into view, holding onto what looked like a green tube-like container. They were pulled onto the ship where they slept for 24 hours before being taking to a hospital on the island of St. Lucia. Apparently, the fishing boat they had been on capsized about 11:00 a.m., the captain disappeared immediately, and the two surviving men had been treading water holding onto that tube for about 12 hours until they were picked up by our boat. If we had passed them at any other time, I doubt anyone would have heard them, but at that time, most of the people were either dining or watching the show, so the few people on deck could hear the screams.

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 07:36 PM
x

so far the only ones that have something interesting about themselves, are the one that sees ghosts and the who has a third eye, ~the question is, what is the single most interesting thing about YOU?
personally, I am really not that interested in everyones hobbies or "quirks", that is one of the nice things about these threads, I don't have to know these peoples little oddities...just the travel advice, that is what we are here for!

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 07:47 PM
Y

x:

And somehow you felt compelled to share your little old negative opinion with us?

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 08:06 PM
gettingsickofthis

I am seeing a trend here, posting questions about the people on these threads rather than topics regarding travel-maybe this will also be seen by some as "negative" but wondering what we look like, where we live, what we are eating right now,what are we wearing-what is interesting about us-these are all so far off the track as far as a travel thread goes, isn't this sort of lonely hearts? Isn't there a board for this somewhere else?

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 08:21 PM
I agree

This board unfortunately has been about personalities or certain persons who are disruptive. Please get back to travel. I know these are tough times and now we are afraid to travel or can no longer afford it. But don't loose your dignity too. Let us all be nicer to each other. It will be an even sadder thing if we have not gained any love for mankind after the event of Sept. 15th and if so, God help us all.

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 08:23 PM
holycrap

If you think the attack happened 9/15, god help YOU. Maybe you should lay off the bong.

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 08:34 PM
we know

lay off, we know the poster meant the 11th. Everyone makes mistakes typing or when they are emotional. Some of you are so unforgiving, so unloving.Does all this small mindedness make you all feel better?

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 08:36 PM
whatstheprob

I believe that this thread was started in the spirit of the ones to do with: "Who are you", Where are you", "What do you look like". All of them appeared to me funny and kind and had no nasty edges. Maybe they are not directly associated with travel, but they introduce one to those willing to provide some excellent advice.

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 10:45 PM
Carolee

Inlaid wood boxes from Italy?When I was in Italy 2 months ago, I only had room in my bag to pack one small box. Does anyone know if there is an on-line site from which to order these?

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 10:53 PM
Shadow

In early June of 1968 my parents and I walked up to The Ambassador Hotel to see Bobby Kennedy win the Democratic Nomination-I was 14. At one point we heard a very loud noise-we thought it was one of the huge television sets that were placed all around the hotel for this special night. It was not long after that the whole place went crazy and we found out that the noise we heard was Bobby Kennedy being shot and the ruckus that followed. We were held at the Ambassador until about 2:00 am and one month later a private investigator came to our house to ask what, if anything, we might have seen. My little part of history...
Shadow

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 10:58 PM
WhoaNellie

It just gets stranger....

and stranger.....

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 01:28 AM
Roy

I was in a mid-air collision in which the people in the other airplane died.
Ours was a DC 9.

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 01:54 AM
A New Yorker

My husband finds it amazing that no matter where we go, even if I don't speak the language, I always make friends with some locals and can spend hours conversing with them (again, even when I don't speak the language, somehow I always manage to understand and they understand me!).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -