Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is the name of the chateau on The Bachelor?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 09:15 AM
lori

Help this is driving me crazy, plus I have a lunch bet on this. The chateau looks like Bordelasiar (sp) It is near Tours, I think. Anyone know if I'm right?

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 09:31 AM
dan

It is Joe Millionaire not the Bachelor.<BR>I dont know the name of the chateau. Sorry

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Rex

It is Chateau de la Bourdaisi&egrave;re.<BR><BR>http://www.jpmoser.com/chateaubourdaisiere.html<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:19 AM
xxx

You mean it is a real place? Amazing, since the guy isn't real, the girls aren't real, their boobs aren't real, and the whole story isn't real. Why do they call this a &quot;reality&quot; show again?

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Jack

Wait till we find out that he is an actor, not a former construction worker. Isn't he just a bit too polished an actor and good-looking to be real?

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:32 AM
selena

dear xxx,<BR> Thanks for the belly laugh...

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:36 AM
actress

He is an actor. Two friends of mine were at the same final casting call for this show with him. Unfortunately for my friends, this guy got the job.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Kath

Jack - I heard that this was true and you are right, he doesn't act like some regular construction worker, he's clearly something else. He's creepy that's for sure. Some sort of strange combination of part Jethro Clampett and part Raymond's brother on Everybody Love Raymond. Plus his fake tan is ridiculous. I think if he were at a real construction site he'd be beaten senseless.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:49 AM
xxx

I have to clarify something. Yes this show is awful and stupid. However, it's not as simple as &quot;this guy is an actor masquerading as a construction worker.&quot; He is an actor, that's true. But he's not been a successful one (up to now, anyway) and the way he's supported himself up to now is by doing construction work. So he is, actually, a real construction worker. Many struggling male actors work construction to &quot;pay the bills&quot; while they wait for their big break. It pays pretty well and the hours are flexible--which allows them time to audition. <BR><BR>How do I know this? Because I work free-lance post-production and actually worked on this particular show. I have hid my travel identity to protect my innocence.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Gretchen

Hello,<BR><BR>I, living in the Netherlands, am wondering what is this conversation about. What is this Bachelor? I understand what word means but not context. Please to help me understand.<BR><BR>Thank you.<BR>

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Jim

Joe is supporting himself in other ways besides construction. See www.thesmokinggun.com for his underwear modeling shots. <BR><BR>Also, does it not look to he has had plastic surgery?

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:45 PM
yuck

He is the stupidest guy I've ever seen in a roll like this. I won't keep watching because I don't care what happens to him or the rediculous women on the show. At least with the bachelor I sort of cared about the people.<BR><BR>I am dying to know who xxx is that was post-production!

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:02 PM
In The Know

Gretchen, it is a show on tv in the US where they put a good-looking (but now that I think about it, he does remind me of Jethro on the Beverly Hillbillies) man in a chateau and have him pretend to have inherited the place and lots of money. Then they add a group of single to the chateau and they have to vie for his affections, thinking he is wealthy, but in reality he is poor, but tall and good looking.<BR>So the &quot;winner&quot; turns out to have won a fake heir.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:03 PM
In The Know

Should be they add a group of single women, who vie for his affections.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:08 PM
xxx

Actually, in the know, I think you are wrong. I don't think he has fake heir at all. In fact his heir is the one thing that looks real.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Gretchen

In the know,<BR><BR>I am thanking you for your explaining. I think I am understanding. This man is not really man? What is heir? This word is not in my book.<BR><BR>Thank you

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:17 PM
sss

I have heard that he actually comes from a rather posh background - not fabulously wealthy but definitely has a lot of money - he went to a good school, maybe even grad school, etc.<BR><BR>I also don't think he is good looking at ALL.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Rex

An heir (pronounced the same as err) is someone who stands to inherit something (the Prince is hier to the throne), or who has, in fact inherited something, following the death of a relative or friend.<BR><BR>It really doesn't fit, in relationship to this silly show, although the women might think that they could stand to receive a monetary settlement, if they were to marry this (a rich) man, and later divorce him.<BR>

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:36 PM
In The Know

Gretchen, there seems to be some disagreement over his looks. At lunch today a group of women were divided over whether he was a &quot;hunk&quot; or not.<BR>But he is a man, tall, lots of dark hair, well built and some pictures have been discovered of him in a tight swimming suit, or underwear, which shows....alot.<BR>But he is just pretending to have inherited this chateau (which would make him an heir [with hair]). <BR><BR>So it is this: a group of single women are put in this chateau thinking they are meeting this man who recently inherited it. Then they are let loose to be the woman he picks out to marry I suppose. Every week he eliminates a woman so the group is getting smaller and the girls are getting more nervous.<BR>But in the end the woman he chooses will find out he did not inherit anything, but is a poor construction worker.<BR>But the ironic thing is he is becoming popular on tv here so he will end up making money anyway.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Dr. Larry

Grethcen:<BR><BR> On the TV program &quot;Joe Millionaire&quot;, the man really is a man. An &quot;heir&quot; (sounds like the word &quot;air&quot is a person who gets money when his rich father, mother, grandfather, uncle dies. In this program, &quot;Joe&quot; is supposed to have gotten $50 million (about 49 million Euros) two years ago.<BR> He will pick one fo twenty young women to be the winner. But then she will learn that he does not have $50 million.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -