Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What is in British Airways amenities kit?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What does British Airways provide in their amenities kit for passengers flying in World Traveller (i.e., steerage) between the US and Europe? Socks? Eyeshade? Toothbrush & paste? Other stuff?

There are a few things that I like to have with me on overnight flights. Even though those items don't take up much room, if they will be provided in the amenities kit I'd rather not drag stuff from home (or would rather pack it in checked baggage). Problem is, every international flight I've been on provided different items: Alitalia, socks and a shoehorn; Continental, just an eyeshade as I recall; Singapore Air, socks, toothbrush & paste, comb, razor & shaving cream.

Skytrax (airlinequality.com -- a GREAT resource) has a list of some amenities kits but doesn't include BA World Traveller.

Thanks for your help.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 02:15 PM

dede, you are braver than me by putting your toothbrush, razor, dental floss, skin creme.... in your checked bags. Guess I've had my bags lost too many times.

Why not call British Airways and find out?
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 02:59 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Each person in World Traveler got a pillow, blanket, headphones on their seat. And in the little pouch a toothbrush with a tiny tube of paste inside the case, eyeshades, and socks. This was British Air just last week.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 03:13 PM

anyone fly klm to italy?flew britis airlast year and was great.they couldn't do enough for you,also open bar the whole way!!!
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 03:21 PM

I thought the food and the service on BA both fine too. One hot meal at the beginning, one cold box breakfast or lunch at the end, plenty of cocktails, wine, juice, coffee, tea, and water available thru the flights. Not to mention how great those seat-back TV screens are with the free headphones for movies, programs, or music.

Now if only I could figure a way to afford those laydown seats with the fans up front!
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 03:24 PM

I fly BA to London every year. The toothbrush is nice to have, I've tried the eyeshades and they are more annoying than useful (IMHO) and the seats in coach are too tight to be able to lean over and put the socks on. I have yet to use those socks. BA could save a lot of money by making the eyeshades and socks "by request" items.
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 03:43 PM

I forced myself to use the eyeshades on the way over (9 hrs. Seattle to London) after they dimmed the cabin lights for the "night", that coupled with earphones tuned to bland music for the very first time ever I actually got a tiny bit of sleep on a plane! It took a little bit of gymnastics but I did use the socks too.
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all, especially suze. I'm also glad to hear that BA's service gets a thumbs-up. Guess I'll spend the next couple weeks limbering up so I can use the socks!
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 09:31 AM

dede~ You just never know what experiences might be helpful info for a fellow-Fodorite! Wishing you a wonderful trip.