Reload this Page >

What gifts to bring to Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 04:44 AM
Judy R.

Hi all, I will soon be heading to Rome, and I will be meeting my cousin, who has lived there for 22 years! She is taking us around the sites, Ostia, the Borghese etc. and I would like to give her something that is difficult to get in Rome....she has a MAC and is computor literate, married with no children, and loves art...what do you think fodorites? Thanks for your help, Judy

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 01:21 PM
topper

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 09:36 AM
pam

Judy, <BR>Why don't you ask your cousin if there is anything you could bring from the US for her? Or perhaps you have some family mementos you could part with or photographs you could copy for her.... At any rate, tell her how much we envy her--and I'd love to hear what kind of work she does that she has spent the last 22 years in Rome. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 10:15 AM
Anita

How about something from your hometown. If she is originally from there she may miss somethings. A craft or food that your area is noted for, a book or CD released here. You can buy everything on the internet, but sometimes the shipping is really exorbitant, hand delivery might be appreciated.

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 11:02 AM
SharonM

I found Levi jeans are a very sought- after item in Europe with those that like wearing them, Not because you can't buy them there, but because they're VERY expensive...Also T-shirts from wherever you're from seem to be a hit. <BR>Personally, I like the idea of artwork or things common to your area...food, whatever.

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 03:12 PM
judy

Hi all, thanks so much for your input. I did e-mail her, and asked if she needed something and she said she would let me know.. I like the idea of local crafts, etc. I bought some nice CDs at Sams, and thinking of buying her a portable CD player. I am waiting for her e-mail! Thanks again, Judy