Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What do you think of driving from Bellagio to Malpensa before your 10:30am flight.

Search

What do you think of driving from Bellagio to Malpensa before your 10:30am flight.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 04:40 PM
adeleh

We will be in Bellagio in August. We have to take a flight at 10:30am out of Milan (Malpensa Airport). Do you think it would be advisable to stay in Bellagio the last night and drive to Malpensa in the morning? Are the roads ok? We are fine with driving in Europe. Do you think we will be safe to catch our flight on time? PLEASE HELP

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 06:45 PM
Rex

I think that you will be fine. Leave by 6:30 or 7.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 04:45 AM
Howard

Just keep in mind that if you hit traffic the "normal" drive time of 45 minutes or so could take up to 2 hours!

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 05:06 AM
mike

Is it shorter from Stresa? I have a 10:30 as well.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:45 AM
ttt

to the top, since there are now two of these threads on here.<BR>

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:00 AM
Joe

I have done both the Stresa and, at another time, the Verenna (about the same as Bellagio) drives to Malpensa for 10:30 AM flights. Very doable. Do as Rex says and leave early and you won't have traffic problems (well, probably won't). Map out your route the evening before and then go over the route with hotel staff or other locals so there won't be any mistakes. I have a friend that didn't do this and drove toward Milan instead of following the route to the airport. He had to stay an additional day in the Malpensa area after his rush period three hour drive to Malpensa via Milan. Anyway, the morning airport trip gives you that sad but sweet last night at the Lake.