Reload this Page >

What did you do this weekend?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Interested

It's time to relax and sit back and tell about the way we spent our weekend, when away from our computers,that is.It might be fun to hear how everyone,all over the world, spent a couple of days-<BR>

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Ben

I live in the US. TAXES

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 05:39 PM
beth anderson

movie Friday night with a couple of friends...<BR><BR>Saturday - bar crawl with a whole bunch of crazy guy friends (I left after 3 hours, they were still warming up), then later out with another friend to play catch up - also gave him my gift to him from my recent trip abroad.<BR><BR>Today - just got in. did some urban strolling with yet another friend, afterwards, went to dinner with him and his family. <BR><BR>just another typical weekend..<BR><BR>next weekend - probably spend Thurs-Sunday at the beach. bought a share of a house with some friends back in October. haven't used it nearly enough (of course have spent 3 of the past 5 months abroad)<BR><BR<BR><BR>Beth

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Lisa

Live in California<BR><BR>Went sailing w/ my husband yesterday. Dinner out last night then watching the brit-coms on T.V.<BR><BR>Today we got up early to go to the flea market. I didn't find any treasures! <BR><BR>This afternoon I did some laundry and read.<BR>

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Me

Fri - taxes <BR>Sat - worked & laundry<BR>Sun - skiing<BR><BR>PS Sunday was the best.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Robbyn

Friday: Picked my husband up from the train station. He was coming home from Chicago.<BR><BR>Saturday: Cleaned the house and made a purse from a Mary Engelbreit pattern, while listening to an audio tape called The secret Life of Bees. (VERY GOOD)<BR><BR>Sunday: Ironed some clothes for my husband to pack for a business trip to Dallas. ( <BR><BR>Boring Weekend!<BR>I live in Indiana

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Jayelle

Snowboarding in Colorado. I've tried to put the taxes out of my mind, but that task will be waiting for me when I get home in few days.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 06:21 PM
Tangata

Well here in Chiangmai Saturday was the last day of the annual Chiangmai Sixes when cricket teams from many countries come to play the shortened version of the game. This year there were two very exciting finals as the Lord Taverners from Australia won the cup beating the Gloucestershire Gypsies with some brilliant fielding. In the Plate the Kiteboys from England beat the Warbler Bunny Club from Bahrain with two boys to spare – maybe the Warblers should not have brought their bunnies with them.<BR><BR>Then it was a question of staying awake until 11:00 p.m. to see France beat Ireland in the finals of the Six Nations.<BR><BR>Sunday was a bit quiet after that, though I did wonder down to the Pub about 6:00 with one of the dogs – she enjoyed it more than I did. After that there were the other two matches from the Six Nations to watch, Wales playing France and England playing Italy.<BR><BR>What are taxes?<BR>

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Uncle Sam

Friday...went out to dinner with my wife.<BR><BR>Saturday...went shopping with my wife and did some honey dos<BR><BR>Sunday...Am...went to church with my wife...afternoon worked on proposal for custommer of my new business.<BR><BR>Typical weekend for middle age dude and wife...but I love it!

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Interested

<BR>Aww Uncle Sam-"honey do's" that is sweet and good luck in your new business.<BR>Beth A-even as cold as it is where I live, a beach house sounds grand! or a house in the mts.<BR>Taxes!! What a way to ruin a nice weekend<BR>This is nice, looks like where ever we live, Sat and Sun are pretty much the same (so far)..let's hear more!pleeeease.<BR>

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 06:51 PM
allie

Run the kids around to games, parties,freinds.<BR>Hockey game .<BR>Progressive Dinner sat night<BR>Visited this board a couple of times.<BR>I wish I was going somewhere fun SOON!

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 06:51 PM
xxx

Away from our computers? Ho, ho! I wrote a psych report because my computer was in the shop for repairs during the work week. Went to the flea market (also live in CA. Lisa, did you go to the DeAnza Flea Market?) on Saturday, where I found a bonanza of little goodies. Then worked in the yard, watering the azaleas, new yellow Banks rose, and the kale growing in the back yard. Not very exciting compared to other Fodors posters, but quite satisfying for me.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 04:41 AM
topper

It is Monday(

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 05:01 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>Friday : Restaurant in Cevennes, France<BR><BR>Saturday : Local market to buy tomato, aubergine, green pepper, lettuce plants.<BR>Then cleaning pool, ready for visitors next week. Wash car.<BR><BR>Sunday : Mow lawn, office work, prepare for trip to UK. <BR><BR>Peter<BR>

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 05:12 AM
kate

Live: London<BR><BR>Friday night: went to a special charity performance of the Vagina Monologues at the Albert Hall. Very funny, particularly the bit where they had us all chanting the C word. Presenter said, just think, you can all go home and tell your friends you were chanting C**T in the Royal Albert Hall.<BR><BR>Saturday: partner's sister down for the weekend, so off to Portbello Market to do the tourist thing.<BR><BR>Sunday: Thought about going to the gym, thought better of it, stayed in and watched the new series of the Forsyte Saga - period drama at its best.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 05:15 AM
jan

Saturday; deep cleaning housework. got the kids involved. character building! Tons of laundry.<BR>Had the Mom-in-law over for dinner, grilled lamb chops...yummy! Watched TV till bedtime. Needed the mind-numbing. (Did the taxes last week.)<BR><BR>Sunday; skipped church, husband leaving for business trip. More laundry. One kid sick all day, tending to him. Did some yard work with my other kid. While tidying up a perennial bed (pulling dead grass on my hands and knees) I came across a SNAKE! That was the end of the gardening duties for THAT Sunday!! Spent the rest of the outdoor time (and it WAS a beautiful day) sweeping and cleaning the screen porch and patio, readying for warm weather here in Tennessee.<BR><BR>A VERY typical weekend.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 05:17 AM
bobbie

In connecticut, Saturday, prepared for first dinner party since the children were teenagers which lasted into the wee hours! Then had to advance the clock an hour, ugh! <BR>Sunday bought childrens' books with my daughter for a friend who is adopting a boy from Guatemala, it's been a long wait (18 months!) but they're coming home on thursday. A relaxing weekend but I wish there were some travel plans in the near future....

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Sheila

Friday evening-pub with colleagues. Picked up 17 year old niece from train, joined husband and friends for supper in our local.<BR><BR>Saturday- shopped. With 17 year old. Bought nothing (how can they DO that??!!)Also for food for the rest of the day.<BR><BR>Cooked for the afternoon's entertainment. Friend came round to watch the Six Nations- France trounced Ireland to win the first Six Nations Grand Slam. Scotland beat Wales to confirm her mediocrity. We ate cold cuts, kebabs, garlic bread, gherkins, crisps and dips, bread sticks, caprese, samosas, bhajis, pakoras.<BR><BR>Then whilst the boys were watching the Super League, I made supper- Roast asparagus, Roast Lamb, roast potatoes, purple sprouting broccoli, salad, and a cheese board to die for. The niece and husband also had cheesecake. And we drank 8 bottles of red wine.<BR><BR>Sunday- Hangover. Dropped off niece at station, went to work, went home and went to bed.<BR><BR>PS I preferred Saturday

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Vita

I spent all weekend moving into my new place, including an especially stimulating Friday evening caulking my bathtub.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Ellen

Love this! We are all not so odd after all. <BR><BR>Cold weekend in NYC. Got dolled up for a date at Tao (58th & Madison) with hubby. What a gorgeous space! Highly recommend it for group birthdays and people watching. Food was decent too. <BR><BR>Saturday AM brought the usual, neverending vacuuming (have a messy bird). Saturday afternoon took us to the City Center for a wonderful perfomance of Don Juan by the Russian Eifmann Ballet. Saturday night had dinner at Heartland Brewery. So-so. And then went to BB King's on W.42nd to see THE MONKEYS!!!! Mickey Dolenz & Davey Jones were the only originals, were terrific. Trivia bit: Davey Jones was nominated for a Tony for his Broadway portrayal of the Artful Dodger in Oliver.<BR><BR>Sunday slept in & then had brunch with the in-laws at Metropolitan Cafe. Read the Times all afternoon. Sun. evening drove to PaperMill Playhouse (Millburn NJ) to see King & I. Spectacular. As good as any broadway show.<BR><BR>Sunday midnight. Collapsed.<BR>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -