Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What are your (other) favorite message boards for travel? Share them with us newbies!

Search

What are your (other) favorite message boards for travel? Share them with us newbies!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 06:27 AM
KatWoman

I'm a newbie to the travel board world and would like to know what other boards people visit to collect good, useful travel info. We are set to make our very first trip in June!! London and Paris! Toooo excited to think straight! This travel board and it's faithful visitors has been an amazing amount of help to me! So please share your other links with us newbies! Thank you so very much! : )

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 06:34 AM
MaryC

KatWoman, if you do a search here for "travel boards" you should find loads of threads discussing that very topic! But to start you off there is one called indepenenttraveler.com (I think?). :0)<BR><BR>Happy hunting!

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 06:58 AM
KatWoman

Thanks MaryC fir the suggestions! I will do the search and see what I can find!

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 08:12 AM
elaine

Hi<BR>It's not as good as this Fodor's board (nothing is, imo) but igougo.com<BR>has an archive of travelogues, some of which have some good information.<BR>there's also frommers.com

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Marc David Miller

Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree<BR><BR>www.LonelyPlanet.com<BR><BR>At least the Central/Eastern Europe board has improved immensly since requiring registration (it used to be filled with sexist comments regarding women and prostitution).

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 11:53 AM
sue

www.slowtrav.com<BR>www.concierge.com<BR>www.virtu altourist.com<BR>www.ricksteves.com

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 11:55 AM
grasshopper

www.igougo.com