What are you doing right now? 8/27

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I enjoyed this thread last week, so thought I'd start a new one today.

I'm in NJ in my office, finishing my lunch (Wendy's chili & baked potato). Surfing threads on the board. Gotta get back to work shortly!

Looking forward to 5:00 & afterwork cocktails with DH.

Happy Weekend Everyone! Trish
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 10:16 AM

Right now, we are getting ready for our typical "Friday" early eve/night movie and dinner....some flicks and popcorn, some(lots of) pino grigio, then some great Italian. Happy weekend to you too .
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 10:21 AM

Procrastinating, as usual.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 10:43 AM

I'm supposed to be on "vacation" and headed to the beach, but my boss telephoned and asked that I stick around here "in town" because he's coming back from a wee golfing jaunt to Ireland, and wants to catch up ten days of work!
I'm all caught up on my work. So........
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 10:50 AM

Hi - sounds like most of you have great Friday night plans. That's what comes of having a job. Since I don't, I'm worrying today a bit about Alitalia and my October trip to Italy but not crazy with worry yet. I did some writing early this morning, made some calls, have to study Italian this afternoon for class tomorrow and then tomorrow afternoon to a book fair. Tonight I have a frozen dinner to test for the manufacturer - I'll add some Pinot Grigio to it and send a glowing review! But I'll pay some bills first - that'll bring me down! Have a great weekend all. And SuzieC: That sounds like job abuse!
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 10:52 AM

I am sitting at my desk in Williamsburg, Virginia counting down the hours until my vacation starts! We are going to a minor-league baseball game tonight, packing tomorrow, and heading to the mountains for a week of tent camping on Sunday!!

I plan on sitting on my butt and reading while my children play with the bears! Will probably do a hike a day and then back to sitting on my butt!
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 11:11 AM

Sitting in my office wishing I was still on vacation in Portugal!
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 11:14 AM

Job abuse! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!... well that is what comes about when two people work together for 30 years!
That said, he's the first one to tell me to scamper when Friday comes and we aren't all THAT busy!!
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 11:41 AM
P_M

I am now eating a Swiss chocolate bar I bought last week when I was there. It's dark chocolate with 24% whisky. Happy hour has begun early!!
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 11:44 AM

I'm wrapping up for the week. I ordered some Euros for my upcoming trip (France - next Saturday) waiting to see if they are coming in today, or wait until Monday. Good friend's house finally passed it's building inspection (1 1/2 years - don't ask) so she is coming over to celebrate. Putting a bottle of Veuve on ice when I get home.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 11:49 AM

Sitting in our Brussels apartment watching In the Line of Fire on Flemish TV (the "Gun!" balloon-popping false alarm scene is on). Today was cold and pouring with rain in Brussels, so earlier today, after taking the dog for a wet walk, I ensconced myself in the Vieux St. Martin cafe on the Sablon with a couple of glasses of hot mint tea. Then strolled through the Grand'Place area then stopped in Waterstones book store to pick up the new Tatler, a copy of the book Stasiland, and a copy of the Guardian newspaper.
My husband is in the U.S. celebrating his parents' 50th wedding anniversary. He'll be back in the UK on Monday, taking room measurements of the Maidenhead cottage we move into next month.
This has been such a wet summer in Belgium and parts of the UK. Saw a story on the news yesterday about how badly the wheat crop is faring.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 11:49 AM

I've finished the packing of my bags, and waiting for our upcoming 30 day trip to Sicily and italy.
wanted to see if there was anything new on Fodors.

surfingmomma
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 11:56 AM

Just got back from the gym and about to have some lunch. Having dinner tonight with fodorite friends we met at the SF GTG last fall -- Kir Royale and her husband.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 12:01 PM
kat

Counting down the minutes that I can leave work and have a few drinks with my boyfriend. Reading these posts are making my last 30 minutes at work a little easier
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 12:09 PM

Sitting at my desk on the 22nd floor, looking out the window and wondering, why can't I be out there? It's 4pm on Friday, why the hell am I still here? I'm spending the night tonight in my old sorority house to be the "house mom" since the real house mom is out of town for the weekend. I expect to be kept up all night by girls coming in at 3am.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 12:11 PM

Sitting at my desk at home in the West Indies at the moment, but getting ready to start cocktail hour while reading on my patio as the sun sets.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 12:59 PM
cherylforeurope

Off work today and instead of catching up on work around the house I'm here asking about a question on an upcoming trip. There should be a support group for Fodor's addicts. Son home from college for the weekend and making a
favorite of his and my other son...enchilada casserole...while I enjoy a margarita. Hey, it goes with dinner! ;-)

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 01:07 PM
dln

Trying on all my new clothing--big shopping spree today, hooray! I figure if I'm going to France, I'm going to be well-dressed. It's all for the travel, all for the travel...

Old Aug 27th, 2004, 01:20 PM

Sitting at work, trying to think of everything I need to get done before I can leave for my month in Italy. I am on the 9 day count down. Having dinner with friends to show my pictures from last trip.
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 01:43 PM
JJ5

Last half hour at work here too. It has been raining for two days now here, near Chicago. But hot, not cold.

I'm jealous of the 30 day trip to Italy and Sicily. This is not in the cards for me for some time yet. But in just a week I'll be on lake in Michigan for 4 or 5 days, and there's a Bears games to watch tonight. Have a good weekend, everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -