Notices

what about these hotels?

Old Sep 27th, 2000, 06:43 PM
Alma

what about these hotels?

Interested in either Collette or Trafalgar Tour to England,Scotland,Wales & Ireland. Know about the hotels offered by Collette from earlier posting. These hotels are on the Trafalgar Tour.
1-Forum (London)
2-Quality (Cardiff)
3-Majestic (Tramore)
4-Killarney Riverside (Killarney)
5-Ryan (Limerick)
6-Gresham (Dublin)
7-Thistle Liverpool (Liverpool)
8-Forte Post House or Greens (Edinburgh)
9-Swallow (York)
10-Britannia (Coventry)
Are these in good locations? Food good?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 03:32 AM
xxx

The Forum is a massive hotel (about 30 floors high) situated very near Gloucester Road tube station - it's very modern and has air conditioning. It also seems very popular with tour companies - lots of busses outside and groups in the lobby. I'm sure it'll be fine - but not if you're wanting something characterful and old!

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 06:18 PM
Jayelle

I stayed at the Forum Hotel in London for several days during my trip last week. I was very pleased with it. I had one of the newly refurbished rooms, and found it very comfortable. As the previous poster mentioned, it is a modern, high-rise hotel as opposed to being located in an older building like many of the hotels in the surrounding area. I had a room with two twin beds, which was of reasonable size for a London hotel room. You have all of the expected conveniences.

The real plus for me was the location. Its just adjacent to the South Kensington area. Its an easy walk to Kensington Gardens and the Kensington High Street area in one direction, or to the King's Road area in the opposite direction. If you're feeling ambitious, you can also walk to the Knightsbridge area for shopping at Harrod's. If not, your're less than five minutes walk from the Gloucester Road tube station.

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 03:38 PM
matt

The Thistle in Liverpool must be out of town.The Majestic in Tramore has seen better days(so has Tramore).Tramore is 15 mins drive from Waterford (which is a lively city as opposed to a dying seaside resort).The Gresham has been a fine hotel in its day but is on the wrong side of the Liffey and the area is regarded as rough at night.
If location is important to you,I would think again

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 03:54 PM
Cathy

The Irish hotels that are offered have as the previous poster said seen better days - the Gresham is the best of them. Why not switch companies for the Ireland tour - see www.cie.ie for tours offered by an Irish tour company.

Cathy