Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

We're back from France and it was fabulous!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got back Sunday night from 3 weeks in France, and it was wonderful. It was my husband's first trip to Europe, and he called it a "life-changing experience." Paris was wonderful, although 5 days is way, way too little time--we didn't see half the things we wanted to. We stayed at Hotel des Grandes Ecoles and it was very nice, in a great location, and quiet at night. We rented a car at Invalides and I drove into and out of Paris; I'm so proud of myself! Spent a week in the Perigord near Les Eyzies and then a week in the Languedoc near Beziers. The food was incredible, we drank gallons of wine, the people were very helpful and friendly. We saw some incredible sites--I think my favorites were the ruined fortresses like Peyrepertuse and the caves. But it's very hard to choose! We took 10 rolls of film on the 35 mm camera and 492 pix on the digital!!I'll post a longer report soon (have some restaurant recommendations!), but just wanted to say hi to y'all and thanks so much for all your tips and suggestions. They definitely helped make our trip smooth.

Old Oct 16th, 2003, 12:23 PM

I cannot wait to hear all the details! I am so happy that you enjoyed yourselves and how about that! "a life changing experience" - that is pretty cool Does that mean he wants to move there? LOL
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 12:54 PM
AllyPally

Fantastic!!! I'm so glad you had such a lovely time. I adore Paris - I physically ache for it sometimes - so I can't wait for your trip report.

Old Oct 16th, 2003, 01:23 PM

So glad you had a great time...we did too.
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Scarlett: Although while we were there we did talk about moving there, I doubt that we ever will. He definitely wants to go back, though: he kept saying "next time we'll do this..." or "next time we'll know to..." So I'm really happy about that! And as soon as our kitchen remodel is done, he plans to begin learning French cooking! Woo hoo!
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 02:18 PM
ira

My goodness, Mab

Looks like you will have a number of great trips to France.