Search

Weekend trips to Belgium

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Neopolitan

Weekend trips to Belgium

"Author: taylor_made
Date: 02/14/2006, 09:27 am

We're spending a long weekend (this coming weekend plus a few days) in Brussels."
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Author: bill_boy
Date: 07/07/2006, 05:59 pm

Very nice report!

I wish you had posted this report before we took off for a long weekend in Belgium a couple of months ago. This would have been very helpful.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

Just curious. This sounds like fun. Many others do weekend trips to Belgium?

Old Jul 30th, 2006, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, Neapolitan, you took all this time and effort to dig these threads up. Don't you do anything else?

Anyway, I'm topping this for Taylor_made to see.

This is such a hoot!
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Neopolitan

Oh, I suspect taylor made has already seen it. WINK.

Maybe you even discussed the possibility that you were both spending weekends in Belgium at approximatley the same time when you bumped into each other exploring Lecce and the rest of the Puglia area at the same time last September. Your reports of visiting the same towns at the same time there mean you surely must have bumped into each other once or twice.

Old Jul 30th, 2006, 03:41 PM

Neopolitan,

You sure do spend a lot of time with something trivial (at least to me). Keep up with your hard work and obsession, my boy, perhaps you'd see something with the proximity of our respective locations. Ho hum, this can be fun on a lazy Sunday evening.
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Neopolitan

Yea, it is fun -- and so easy too. Maybe you ran into each other on the same flight between Milan and Brindisi on Air One, both flying the same obscure airline on the same obscure route in the same month. What are the odds?

Or when you were both staying in Sorrento for the same 5 days in September before you both went to Lecce.

But never mind. I believe that you don't even know each other. Just amazing coincidences.

Old Jul 30th, 2006, 04:00 PM

Neopol,

My boy, you sure do make a lot of false assumptions into reading posts here.

Anyway, watch out for our southwest France sojourn soon. Wink, wink.
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Neopolitan

False assumptions? Huh? What assumptions? I'm just pointing out the remarkably interesting fact that according to your posts, the two of you have remarkably similar travel interests even down to doing the same trips in the same months. No assumptions at all. I'm sure there are dozens of other posters here who flew Air One between Brindisi and Milan and stayed 5 nights in Sorrento and then stayed in Lecce last fall -- probably even hundreds of them. It's certainly not surprising that you two have the same travel interests, since you both choose to attack the same posters and defend each other's posts with the same sort of logic. Of course, you would have the same taste in travel.
What assumptions are YOU making?

Now back to the original question. How many others have found that a long weekend in Belgium the end of February is a worthwhile trip? Too cold and dank, or is it a good time to go?

Old Jul 30th, 2006, 05:11 PM

Neopol my boy,

AFAIC, Feb, was a great time to go. I didn't have much of a choice as to the date as it was on business. Wink, wink.
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 05:12 PM

I've done it a couple of times. I recall having a sunny, but cold day during the trip and took advantage of it by going to Knokke-Heist for the day, walking along the zeedijk with many many others, enjoying two great Belgian meals and heading back to Brussels on the last train. Totally fulfilling and worthwhile.
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 05:18 PM

usbeauty,

I agree that it was cold in February, plus it rained everyday. In spite of the busy schedule I had a good time, though. And the city was still full of tourists, mostly Europeans and Japanese.