COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Week Vacation

Old May 7th, 2001, 05:53 AM
Sally

Week Vacation

We suddenly have 9 days free in early June for a vacation. What would someone suggest for a spur-of-the-moment? We've been to Germany, Spain and London/UK many times but would consider going again. Maybe Prague and some surrounding areas? Berlin and Potsdam?

Old May 7th, 2001, 06:33 AM
Howard

I think in 9 days you can visit two major cities and get in a couple of day trips, or one major city and two smaller ones. I would suggest new places for you and since you mention Prague, I will suggest some possible plans in central/eastern Europe.

Vienna/Budapest
Prague/Krakow
Croatia - Dubrovnik/Hvar/Split
Austria - Vienna/Salzburg
Hungary - Budapest/Pecs/Sopron

Also, there are currently cheap airfares now available for Ireland in June - so if price is a factor you may want to check that out.

Old May 7th, 2001, 06:49 AM
Linda

Berlin and Prague are only 4 1/2 hours apart by train. You could do both. They are great cities to see and I would recommend that. Berlin is the history of the 20th century. Prague has great architecture and the Charles Bridge at night is most romantic. Howard mentioned Vienna/Budapest. That would be my second choice as they are interesting and of the same empire but different because of the history after west/east division. Check nethotels.com for good information on all of the cities mentioned and for events when you will be there. Have fun. I'm envious. Try somewhere new. They are wonderful cities.

Old May 17th, 2001, 01:17 AM
Agi

I would recommend to make a tour Krakow/Prague. They are not very far away and both worth of see. I am from Krakow. If You need any help email me.
Agi

Old May 17th, 2001, 01:59 AM
xxx

There is always Paris.....