Reload this Page >

Week in Scotland

Search

Week in Scotland

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 09:24 AM
Barbara

Week in Scotland

We will have a week in Scotland in September.Plan on flying into Edinbourough and when done there will pick up car at airport. Spend some time on the road and then end up at Glascow where we will fly out<BR>to Germany. Question is how much time will we need in cities and what should we see.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 10:06 AM
David

Last spring I spent 3 days in Glasgow and 3 days in Edinburgh. <BR><BR>In retrospect, I'd keep the 3 days for Edinburgh, but cut Glasgow down to 2 days. <BR><BR>Edinburgh<BR><BR>Holyroodhouse <BR>Edinburgh Castle<BR>Cathedral<BR>Haymarkt area<BR>Camera Obscura - Reflected view of Edinburgh, I found it interesting.<BR><BR>Glasgow<BR>Cathedral<BR>Walk along harbor and see ship museum<BR>Ride the cutest subway<BR>New science center and millenium tower (should be open now)<BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 12:19 PM
Sheila

It totally depends what you like. You could spend the whole time in the cities and miss out the country. Or you could take a day in both and spend 5 in the countryside.<BR><BR>What do you think the balance is?

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 01:23 PM
Tony Hughes

Edinburgh<BR><BR>Glasgow<BR><BR>This is important.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 01:34 PM
Sheila

D'you know Tony, that was so subtle I had to read it twice to work out what you were trying to say