Wedding In Seville

Jul 23rd, 2001, 05:03 PM
Ana

Wedding In Seville

My fiancee and I have decided to get married in Seville, Spain in March 2002. Now, we just need to plan it and I really don't know where to start. Any thoughts? I'll need a location (maybe Parador Carmona or in a courtyard in a hotel in Seville), a photographer, a hotel for my guests (maybe 20 people), a restaurant for rehearsal dinner, a location for the reception, walking tours for my guests, transportation options, flowers, etc. HELP!! Luckily, I speak Spanish fluently and have quite a few months to plan it all out.

Jul 23rd, 2001, 05:10 PM
Linda

First, congratulations on your impending nuptuals.

I suggest that one of the first things you need to do is to get in touch with the Spanish Embassy to find out their requirements for non-Spanish citizens getting married in their country. I'm sure it is possible, but there are usually steps that have to be taken and documents that need to be provided before a license is issued. This might take some time. Once you get the legalities figured out, then turn your thoughts to those things that will make your wedding just perfect.

Jul 24th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Lisa

I agree with the above-poster about the legalities. Once you've settled that issue, we stayed at a lovely hotel called Casa Imperial. It is walking distance to most sites, is in the traditional hacienda-style -- with courtyards and flowers. The rooms are lovely and each are different. Breakfast is included and there is a nice bar area. Might be just the ticket for your guests to stay or even for the nuptials themselves. Good luck!

Jul 27th, 2001, 01:41 PM
JP

what an absolutely gorgeous idea!!

we honeymooned in italy and saw so many weddings

here's a site i hope will help you. it lists a number of legal requirements for weddings in spain and addresses non spanish citizens.

http://www.heartofeurope.com/legalspn.html

JP

Aug 6th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Jose

Parador de Carmona is a great place. I stayed there past Feb, and everything was Ok including the whole staff.

A little problem could be that is about 50 Km far from Sevilla, but the road is good. Since there is a nice trip come to Córdoba -just about 100 Km-.

La Casa Imperial is a wonderfull hotel in centre of the city:
http://www.casaimperial.com/
Try this url and you will get surprised.

Hope you'll enjoy.