Search

weather in May

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 04:29 PM
Pamela

weather in May

Will be traveling to Italy in late April early May of '99. What should we expect from the weather?

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 04:49 PM
Linda

What part of Italy??? From north to south the weather varies greatly!

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 04:53 PM
Pamela

Linda-we will be in the Lake Como area for a couple of days as well as Rome, Capri, Florence, Venice Etc. Any info. you could extend would be welcome!!thanx.

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 05:21 PM
Linda

http://www.travel-italy.com/library/...her/index.html <BR> <BR>I found this site helpful....but who really knows for sure with all the weather in recent years! We will be in Tuscany/Umbria for May. Should be pleasant with lots of flowers....I hope. <BR>I think you picked a good season. Enjoy whatever comes!

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 07:26 PM
Linda

http://www.weatherpost.com/historical/historical.htm <BR>This is actually a better site for weather...includes averages for all months by city,

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 07:58 PM
Nancy

Pamela, We were in Italy for the first two weeks of May last year. Our first few days were in Rome. I do remember wearing a light jacket on our first day there. After that, short sleeves all the way. We traveled to Lake Maggiore, And still, no sweater. It is in northern Italy, but the lake area is really very tropical, palm trees and the snow capped mountains in the distance. My favorite place! You will love Como. We also went to Venice,Florence and Sorrento with great weather all the way, high 70's/low 80's. We kept the windows open to our rooms every night. A/C doesn't get turned on in Italy until June 1st. We may have been lucky, I did wear a light jacket there, and had clothes to layer if it was cool(never needed them). Always my totes umbrella..it scares the rain away!! We are going to Paris in May, I think the climate is cooler there and I will keep that umbrella close by... Hope this helps. Have a great time. I still dream of Italy, maybe next year I'll go back. You will love it!!! Nancy

Old Mar 28th, 1999, 02:21 PM
Pamela

Linda and Nancy thanks for the responses. I'm looking forward with great anticipation to our upcoming tour. Let's all hope Kosovo doesn't prevent all of our upcoming travels!!!