Reload this Page >

Weather in London end Mar/beg. April?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 1999, 02:18 PM
Caryn

I am planning a trip from March 26-April 3, 1999. I've been to London but my traveling companion has not. Is the weather going to be too cold, rainy, and horrible in England to be worth our while? We live in NJ so this weather won't be a shock, but it will be vacation after all... Am I better off considering the Dominican Republic?

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 04:17 AM
elaine

<BR>I was in London the first week of March 1998 and we had rain only one day and temps in the 50s and low 60s F. <BR>I've been there in June and had chilly weather and rain every day. <BR>The moral of the story on weather questions is that unless you are someplace tropical or arctic, you never can tell. <BR>Go to some of the weather websites <BR>before you go (washingtonpost.com, newyorktimes.com, cnn, etc), check your forecasts and hope for the best. I'm sure you'll take a warm raincoat and umbrella anyway, and sweaters for layering or unlayering. <BR>Choosing between the Dominican and London is like apples and oranges to me, I wouldn't be able to compare them. <BR>elaine

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 05:36 AM
sharon

I'm also from NJ & have been in London the past couple years during mid-late March; the times I was there it rained maybe once a week. In fact it was milder than I expected; in 1997 the temps were in the high 50's, it was sunny most every day..it was a pleasant surprise to have that kind of weather..so you never know. Because of the weather that year, we probably ended up doing more outdoor activities (London Walks, wandering through parks and out on the streets) than we may have spent inside museams, churches etc if the weather had been worse. But if you are used to Jersey weather, London weather will probably appear milder anyhow.

Old Jan 15th, 1999, 05:43 AM
erin

Hi Caryn, <BR>I'm also from New Jersey (Montclair) and am going to London & Paris March 24-April 1. We are anticipating the weather to be somewhere between high 40s-mid 50s. Last year we were in London the last week in February and the weather was unbelievable...low fifties and sunny! <BR>

Old Jan 15th, 1999, 12:06 PM
Caryn

Thanks for the input. The tickets are bought, so rain or shine, we'll be there!

Old Jan 17th, 1999, 10:22 PM
QueenMag

Goodness ... I can't believe other people are going to London in March (and I thought I was the only one - haha). <BR> <BR>I am glad to hear about the weather. We have similar weather here (in Pacific NW), so I was not terribly concerned ... still,it's nice to know there's a chance of sun and higher temperatures than I expected. <BR> <BR>