Reload this Page >

Weather and Paris Area

Search

Weather and Paris Area

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 1999, 03:13 PM
Angel

Weather and Paris Area

I am going to visit France for the firs time in Mid-March. I have been in Europe before. <BR>I am taking a tour but I am interested in finding out what kind of a neighborhood is arrondissement 19, "Holiday Inn Pantin La Villette" in Paris ( I noticed that it is way out of the city center). Also, what kind of weather: rainy and cold?. I would like to thank you for any responses.

Old Jan 21st, 1999, 06:31 PM
Bob Brown

The average high temperature in Paris in March is about 12 C, or about 54. <BR>But it seems to rain, slowly. <BR>There was a thread on April in Paris and the consensus was that APril was less than ideal weather wise. March is cooler than April. But, if you have light, warm clothing with rain protection you should be able to have a good time at the indoor museums and cathedrals. And, food is great. <BR>Can't help you on the 19th arr. Need a more experienced Paris visitor than I. <BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 1999, 12:05 AM
Vincent

The Porte de Pantin area used to be quite a rough one, now it is much more tame, but still very out of the way. You'll need to get on the metro to do anything (expect 20 mn to the Opera, 45 to the Champs-Elysées or the Left Bank), and forget about dropping by in the day-time to get some rest. A good point, though : the proximity to the La Villette complex, a former slaughterhouse that has been transformed into a cluster of museums, parks, restaurants. Very nice... weather permitting !

Old Jan 22nd, 1999, 09:40 AM
elvira

Wear layers, bring a raincoat or umbrella, who cares about the weather! You're in PARIS!! You'll have a great time, no matter what the weather! Re your 'hood...only two tourist things are the Park (already mentioned) and there is a boat ride on the canal St Martin (leaves from Basin arrives quai d'Orsay and vice versa). Otherwise, it's not very "Parisian" (in other words, it doesn't look like the postcards/ photographs/travelogues). Heck, though, you'll be out and about all day on your tour so you'll see lots of 'Parisian' stuff! Enjoy!

Old Jan 22nd, 1999, 09:46 AM
elvira

Wear layers, bring a raincoat or umbrella, who cares about the weather! You're in PARIS!! You'll have a great time, no matter what the weather! Re your 'hood...only two tourist things are the Park (already mentioned) and there is a boat ride on the canal St Martin (leaves from Basin arrives quai d'Orsay and vice versa). Otherwise, it's not very "Parisian" (in other words, it doesn't look like the postcards/ photographs/travelogues). Heck, though, you'll be out and about all day on your tour so you'll see lots of 'Parisian' stuff! Enjoy!