Search

weather

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Anna

weather

Just wondering how the weather is in Italy at the beginning of October?

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 07:15 AM
LE

We were wondering ourselves about September in Italy, Germany, Austria, France. We had planned to go in July, but had to rescheduled. When does it start gettin cold weather in Europe?

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 08:21 AM
Tess

Weather in Italy during early October? Bellisimo! Great time to visit.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Marianna

Hi Anna,<BR>I live and work in Rome. This last October here in Rome we had absolutely beautiful weather for the first 3 weeks. Do remember though that March and October are considered our "fickle" months so you could experience a sudden shower or two. My recommendation is bring layered clothing as sometimes the mornings are a little cool as are the evenings. We have a very short autumn and winter comes on quite suddenly. <BR>Remember also that further north you are in Italy generally the cooler it is and the further south you can experience much warmer temperatures particularly in Sicily and Sardinia.<BR>Regards<BR>Marianna

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Linda

Check wunderground.com for weather history on most places and current forecast.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Lynn

Am too interested in whether during early May in Rome, Tuscany and Venice. Is it warm enough for shorts/tank tops during the day? Assume night a bit chilly?

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 02:49 PM
Rex

All depends on when you think it's appropriate to wear shorts and tank tops. I'd say only when there are 6 hours or more of temperature above 80 degrees F, or 1 hour or more of temperature above 90 F.<BR><BR>Neither of those is likely to happen in Tuscany or Venice; 20% chance it could happen, in Rome (guessing).<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>