Search

Weather?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 02:12 PM
Debbie

Weather?

I am leaving tomorrow night and will arrive in London at 7:50 am. As far as i can tell from the US - The weather forcast for London is rain - EVERYDAY! Is there anyone in London right now who can confirm this with me? <BR>Thank you!

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 02:39 PM
Tony Blair

Our forecast is for grey skies with scattered plumes of black smoke from the bonfires of burning carcasses. Intermittent showers will rinse the stench from the air. <BR> <BR>Oh why did this have to happen on my watch? <BR> <BR>For a less emotional account, see http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather - - they show at least some sun for Tuesday. <BR>

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Debbie

Thanks Tony.. <BR>Ill check out the website, but i like yours better. Much more dramatic. <BR>

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 06:02 PM
catherine

I am a flight attendant who flies London a lot and I can tell you from experience that even if it is forcast for rain you still have a chance for good weather. It may not rain at all or only for half a day. Always have your umbrella just in case!

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 06:30 PM
Rex

The weather is as unpredictable as the likelihood of two forecast sources agreeing. Here are two more, including the "official" government forecast: <BR> <BR>www.meto.govt.uk/ukcity/london.html <BR> <BR>and <BR> <BR>http://uk.weather.yahoo.com/1208/index_c.html <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 09:23 AM
Debbie

Thanks for the relies everyone. Im off to the airport in a few hours. Ill be in London tomorrow morning. Rain or Shine -Im still on vacation and NOT AT WORK!!