We Leave in 4 weeks!! So excited!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so excited right now!! Our family is leaving in 4 weeks. The eurail passes should be arriving tomorrow! My 9 y.o. son and 11 y.o. daughter have been setting up a blog and web pages to communicate with friends. My 4 y.o. son, I swear, knows the layout of Linderhof & Neuschwanstein Castle from looking at it on the website so many times. My 2 oldest kids have been reading more on Ancient Rome and are excited about seeing the Colosseum and Forum. I cannot wait to live in a Venice apartment with no real agenda and just get lost and stay at the Albergo del Senato. This board has been a wonderful help to me in our planning--thank you so much!! We just can't wait! As you can tell I'm excited as we've been doing a countown since Christmas when my husband gave us the plane tickets (it's our first time going to Europe)!

I think once we go, we will want to come back and I hope the 3 weeks there does not go by too fast!

Jasmine
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 04:58 AM

Hope you have a wonderful time.
It's so good to hear that the whole family have been involved. A great boost to their education.
Safe journey!
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 05:00 AM

It all sounds fabulous; have a great time!
Please write a trip report.
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 05:00 AM

Good for you, jasmine - seems like you've really got the kiddos interested. You will have a fabulous time so enjoy every minute!
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 05:09 AM

Sounds like you're going to have a great trip. Our daughter first went to Europe when she was 8 (she's now 19) and we've been back numerous times since. We always set aside some time and let her choose some things to see/visit - no matter how "awful" we thought they were. (But when it came time to see "another" museum, we never got complaints). It's been a wonderful experience seeing these things through a child's viewpoint, and it's been very rewarding and educational. You're in for a real treat.