We are leaving for Poland

Old Sep 23rd, 2001, 09:20 AM
Barb

We are leaving for Poland

We are leaving for Poland on Thursday and because we will be visiting some small villages we are trying to limit what we pack. Is it true that we cannot take nail clippers, scissors, shaving cream, shavers with any kind of blades? How my son suppose to shave if we don't want to take converters. What about ladies' shavers? They do have some kind of blades, don't they? We will be also hiking so it is important that we won't carry too much stuff with us. Can we at least bring our deodorants?

Old Sep 23rd, 2001, 12:17 PM
a regular

Buy those items there. Why agravate yourself over it?

Old Sep 23rd, 2001, 04:22 PM
John G

Barb, I think those items are allowed but they have to be in your checked luggage. My mother just flew home from Rome today on Continental and she had shaving cream and a razor in her checked bagage.

Old Sep 23rd, 2001, 10:39 PM
em

Yes, John is correct - you can bring such things in your checked luggage, just not on the plane with you. You may be asked if you have anything in your checked luggage which might be used as or considered a weapon (or words to that effect) and asked to show what you have when you check in your luggage. If you have further worries, check with your airline. And, true - you can, if necessary, buy those things in Poland.

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 03:35 PM
John G

My mother was not asked if she had shaving cream or razors in her checked luggage. She was just asked the standard Did anyone else pack your luggage questions. She also said she saw no extra visible security at Fiumicino Airport. I picked her up at Newark and I walked right into the terminal. No one stopped me or asked me any questions. I walked right into the arrivals area and went through no metal detectors.