Reload this Page >

Waterloo to Heathrow

Search

Waterloo to Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 12:05 PM
jan

Waterloo to Heathrow

I have a 1:30 pm flight from Heathrow to the U.S.--how long does it take to get from Waterloo to Heathrow and what's the easiest mass transit connection. I'm hoping to catch the first Eurostar of the morning from Paris, which gets into Waterloo at 8:46 am (roughly 9 am, figuring the train could be a little late).<BR>Thanks.<BR>Jan

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Ilya

I would use the Underground (the subway)<BR>from Waterloo station to Heathrow, you need one or two changes to Piccadilly line. It will take about 40 minutes, let's say 1 hour with all delays and 10 minutes walking to the departure area.<BR>You have more than enough time. I was on a trip to London and back from the US and found the Underground very easy to use.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Meg

You could take the Bakerloo line (the brown one) to Paddington. They run every 2-3 mintes and take about 15 minutes.<BR>Then hop on the Heathrow Express. That will take you another 15-20 minutes, depending which terminal you have to go to. They depart at 15 minute intervals.<BR>Expect to get jostled about on the first lap, as you will be arriving at Waterloo slap-bang in the rush hour.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Myriam

The journey planner on http://www.thetube.com states 68 mins. from Waterloo to Heathrow. We used the planner for several connections and found it to be very reliable.<BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Ben Haines

You have plenty of time, so if you reach Waterloo at 9am you can wheel your bags on a trolley to the the next train from Waterloo to Feltham, and the bus from there to Heathrow central bus station. You will be going outwards when all the commuters are going inwards.<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Nigel Doran

Ben is right. The Feltham route is one that is rarely used, despite its being very convenient. Go to www.railtrack.co.uk for timetables.