Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

was anyone else over in erie for that great weather 10-09 thru 10-15 ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 03:50 AM
ken

I just got back and we had some intense weather. It was raining for four days striaght. Yes, I know, Ireland is known for its rain. But, this was incredible. We were in the prettiest part of the country(dingle pen.) and it was poring rain. Just wondering if anyone else was there at the same time and thought that it was bad weather also.

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 10:34 AM
Cathy

Ken, <BR>Yes I love in Ireland and it is miserable and windy and not typical for this time of the year. You were just unlucky - normally the weather in Sept and Oct is a bit better, <BR> <BR>Hope you had a great time and that the weather didn't put you off coming back, <BR> <BR>Cathy

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 10:39 AM
Cathy

Sorry that should read I live in Ireland - one glass of red wine too many !! <BR> <BR>C

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 11:49 AM
Kevin

Ken-- the weather was great in Erie those days, according to my parents. <BR> <BR>However, since you're talking about Ireland, I'm assuming you mean Eire. But please just call it Ireland and stop trying to be clever. It didn't work.

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 11:53 AM
love2trvl

Yikes Kevin: <BR>Why so hostile? <BR>Only a typo right? <BR>

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 11:48 AM
Edmond O`Flaherty

It rains in Ireland for about 200 days per year.It doesn`t usually rain all day though but do remember that it rains on the west coast for 9% of the time and on the east coast for 6%.You can get some lovely days in a row between May and September but you can get some rotten weather too.Compared to USA there are very few thunderstorms-one or 2 per year perhaps as againt 200 in Florida.The weather is generally cool-around 60 degrees F in summer and 40 in winter.Snow occurs for a day or two usually,if at all.In May June and July you get very long days with darkness on the west coast as late as 10 or 11pm.