Reload this Page >

Warwick Castle - How long to tour?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 05:52 PM
bev

How long does it take to do a tour of Warwick Castle?

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Annalynn

I'd give yourself a minimum of 1/2 a day. There is a lot to do in Warwick, and I'd add on an extra two hours to get to and see Kennilworth Castle which is close-by. Kennilworth is the complete antithesis of Warwick - in ruins with no guided tours and last time I was there, not a single other person!

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 07:18 PM
Jean

Bev, I was there in May '96, so I can't remember for sure, but I do remember that it was one of the most impressive things I saw in England. I'm sure we were there 3 hours +. You can go a lot at your own pace, but let me reassure you, it was incredible. I remember so well the torture chambers--such as the mesh of chain that encompassed the entire body, then when they hung them up, the sharp edges cut into them. Uuuuggh! <BR>Extremely interesting <BR> <BR>Enjoy! <BR>Jean

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 07:25 PM
gb

We were there on a summer weekend, and spent the entire day there. Not only was there the tour of the castle, but there were entertainers in the fields surrounding the castle (almost like a Renaissance fair). Musicians, magician, dancers,comedy acts. It was a great day.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 07:46 AM
meg

Hi Bev <BR>We live near Warwick and my husband takes groups of overseas students to the Castle regularly. He allows at least 4 hours as there's so much to see; large grounds and gardens to wander in as well as the 'living' exhibitions of "Warwick the Kingmaker" and "the Edwardian Country House weekend" I'm sure you won't regret allowing plenty of time, I'd echo another message which recommended a visit to Kenilworth (only 4 miles away) and very atmospheric OR Stratford upon Avon which is 10 miles away could be combined with a trip to Warwick. Have fun

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 07:56 AM
Gina

Amen to those who say at least half a day. We got there later than we planned for our visit, and so had only two hours before they closed. It was *so* frustrating--I felt as if I had to rush and definitely missed a lot. I really want to return with more time on another visit to England; and will now add a visit to Annalynn's suggested Kennilworth Castle. (Thanks!!)