Reload this Page >

Warmest greeting from South Africa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 1999, 12:22 PM
Martie

My husband and I plan to visit Austria <BR>from the 7th September 1999 and would like <BR>to stay over in Vienna for three days, then <BR>plan to go to Salzburg, Hallstadt and <BR>surroundings for approx. 7 - 10 days, <BR>returning to Vienna and then go by train or <BR>drive to Prague for two days - return to <BR>Vienna and head back home. <BR>We are concerned, however, because of the <BR>situation in the Balkans and wonder if the <BR>timing is right to go there. It has been a <BR>dream of us for a long time to visit Prague <BR>for the first time and to re-visit Vienna <BR>again after 20 years. We have RCI exchange <BR>spacebanked which we will be using. <BR>Any comments would be appreciated. <BR>Johan & Martie Vorster

Old Apr 28th, 1999, 12:39 PM
michele

There is a great deal of discussion on the safety of traveling to the Balkans and areas nearby on this forum. Do a TOPIC SEARCH and you can read everyones' opinion. All I can add is that a friend of mine ws in Venice in early April and felt perfectly safe. I think it's going to boil down to your own sense of security. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 28th, 1999, 12:40 PM
michele

There is a great deal of discussion on the safety of traveling to the Balkans and areas nearby on this forum. Do a TOPIC SEARCH and you can read everyones' opinion. All I can add is that a friend of mine was in Venice in early April and felt perfectly safe. I think it's going to boil down to your own sense of security. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 28th, 1999, 12:58 PM
Lee

Martie: Michelle is right, I would go. Our plans for Bavaria in May are on. <BR> <BR>There should be no problem in either country. Avoid any situations that may not be to your liking, but I'll bet that what is happening in the Balkans will not affect you. <BR> <BR>Have a good trip! <BR>

Old Apr 29th, 1999, 05:17 PM
Daniel

I was in Prague last week, & Austria the week before. Before we left the U.S. I was concerned about the political climate as well, but we saw very little evidence of the conflict anywhere. We did see a small orderly demonstration in Munich, but mostly it was just not a factor in any way. I would go.

Old Apr 30th, 1999, 08:25 AM
Lydia

Dagsę, Johan en Martie - ek dag ek's die enigste (Suid-)Afrikaner op hierdie forum!!! <BR>Sorry folks, but I couldn't resist the temptation to address fellow South Africans in our mother tongue - now I really feel at home on this forum.