Walking Tours of Berlin: Insider Tours vs. Original Berlin Walks

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2006, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone been on either or both of these? I'm trying the decide between them. Insider Tours also offers a Bike Tour. Has anyone been on that?

Old Mar 11th, 2007, 12:07 PM

Judilie, did anyone answer your question? We will be in Berlin for one day in early June(on a cruise) and we're looking at both tour companies. We've been so impressed with Rome Walks and London Walks, but I really don't know if the companies are connected.

Thanks.

Joan

Thanks
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 12:23 PM

I can not compare, because we took only OBW. The guides were american students, that study in Berlin. They gave us a lot of info and they were very enthusiastic. The tours were 3 1/2 - 4 hours.

Alcorjd, if you have only one day in Berlin and if it is your first visit, i am not sure that a tour like this is the best option to see the most important sight seeings in Berlin.
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 07:29 PM

Thanks, Valtor. Evidently OBW has a "snapshot" tour and the tour guide actually provides round-trip transport from the ship, as well as the tour. We'll see.

Old Mar 13th, 2007, 02:16 PM

I took one of those bike tours,I guess that's what you call them. It's a guy toting you around while you sit comfortably in a carriage type thing. The guy was very informative,very in depth and went everywhere. I may have just lucked out and got a good guy. *shrugs* But it was a really great way to see the city,cause I would've been dead tired having to walk around that big ass city.
Actually wanted to get on a tour bus but I couldn't figure out how to find it or missed the last one,one of those was the reason.