Walking Path

Jan 27th, 2001, 04:07 PM
Linda Heinrichs

Walking Path

I have heard of a well know walking tour, but cannot remember the name or the area. Help?

Jan 27th, 2001, 05:06 PM
sam

Linda. Please read your question and promise me you won't burst out laughing. Then answer mine:
I heard there was a great restaurant, could someone give me the name and address of it?

Jan 27th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Rex

Don't make fun of new guests here, like Linda!

I know exactly the tour she is talking about. It goes from that ummm... cathedral... to that er... castle.

I think.

But seriously, let me see if I can name this song in one note - - any chance you are trying to remember the name of www.butterfieldandrobinson.com - - huh, Linda?

Jan 27th, 2001, 08:11 PM
Christina

I was going to bet on Butterfield and Robinson, also. If you want to search more, try www.specialtytravel.com, it's the Specialty Travel Index, a listing of specialty tours by subject.

Jan 27th, 2001, 08:23 PM
Al Godon

Down on my uncle's farm way back, we had a very famous path. It ran from the back door of the kitchen, around the chicken coop, to a little shed that had a fabulous view. The path was well trodden and quite a few famous people used it. We even put wooden cribbing over the puddles.

Jan 27th, 2001, 10:06 PM
didi

There is also Journeys/ AIG walking tours out of England and Backroads which is a US company

Jan 28th, 2001, 03:58 AM
harzer

Try the Camino de Compestela, the route supposedly taken by St James the Apostle, and one of the most famous of all pilgrimage trails. It runs from Roncesvalles in the Spanish Pyrenees NE of Pamplona to Santiago de Compostela near the Portuguese border. You can walk or cycle this trail, and get a certificate from the authorities if you
do more than 100km of it, together with all the spiritual satisfaction.

Was this on the right trtack, so to speak?

Jan 28th, 2001, 04:31 AM
xxxx

Yes, but there is also this walking tour where the guide is an old Army Colonel.

I swear this is the only site where they'll try to help you even if there isn't really a question.....

Feb 1st, 2001, 05:26 AM
verbal diarrhea

Is it because we're nice or just compulsive talkers/writers/e-mailers?