Waiting for Heathrow Express tickets ...

Apr 16th, 2003, 04:57 AM
Original Poster

Waiting for Heathrow Express tickets ...

I ordered tickets online on 4/9. They say to allow 5 days delivery to non-UK address such as mine.

It is now 7 days. I've sent 2 emails to Heathrow Express requesting status and I have not gotten any reply. I have a tracking number but I have no idea how to go about doing this on my own.

Should I wait patiently for the tickets to arrive or is there any way I can pursue this on my own assuming I don't hear anything from Heathrow Express.

Worst case scenario I guess is that if the tickets don't come, when my VISA bill arrives I will not pay them.

Any advice at this point??? Thx.

Bob
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:02 AM

Bob - You better pick up the phone and call them. The number is +44 (0) 845 600 15 15.
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:35 AM

This advise will not be helpful to happywanderer ( and I hope his Express tickets arrive in due time).
BUT for otheres who want to purchase Express tickets ,it is quite easy to do that once you arrive at Heathrow. You can use your credit card in self serve machines , or you can go up to the staffed ticket selling window, OR you can purchase your ticket on the train.
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:42 AM

some things to consider - due to tax time the middle of April is the heaviest US postal volume (after Christmas) so things could be delayed a day or 2 right there.

2nd - my mail from the UK usually takes between 5 (best case) and 13 days so 5 days seems awfully fast.

As Orleans said - Barring some sort of special promotion requiring advance purchase, there is really no reason to pre-purchase Heathrow express tix since it is very easy to do at the terminal.

But don't worry - you'll probably get them any day now. If not - simply buy tickets when you arrive at LHR and protest the advance tickets to your credit card company. They will take the charge off if you don't receive the tix.
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:45 AM

ps: you don't really have to phone them - it could be a long phone call due to hold time etc. Save the money and aggravation and just buy tickets if needed once at LHR
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Quick note of thx to you.

Got an email from Heathrow Express with an attached printout that I can use when I get there. All I have to do is take it to the booking office.

Who knows, like you said, the tickets may still come. But, if they don't I have this to fall back on.

Again, thx for your interest and help.

Bob