Search

W in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 11:12 AM
Justforfun

W in Europe

Sorry to get off of travel talk, but I thought David Letterman's Top 10 List was so funny last night: <BR> <BR>"Top 10 George W. Bush Observations about Europe" <BR>10.Europeans speak worse English than I do <BR>9.That Eiffel Tower would make one mother of an oil well <BR>8.Austria looks nothing like it looked on "Survivor" <BR>7.The time difference screws up your nap schedule <BR>6.British beef not only tasty, it gave me a buzz I haven't felt since college <BR>5.The Polish people tell some great "Bush is dumb" jokes <BR>4.In France, you don't have to say, "French fries," you can just say "fries" <BR>3.Due to the metric system, my ten-gallon hat is a whopping 37.84 liters <BR>2.The Irish drive on the left side of the road, like I used to <BR>1.One of these countries is where my dad urped on the king <BR> <BR>p.s. FYI: David Letterman is a popular late-night talk show host in the US, who does a "top 10" list with a different topic each broadcast.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Texan

Please, we are sorry! Some of us tried to warn ya'll against voting for him. At least Jeffords slowed down the agenda and maybe saved the country. He is well-meaning but just lets too many of the wrong people advise him. If he would just listen to Laura and Barbara...

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 11:48 AM
Ray

Dear Texan, <BR> <BR>Didn't think sissies were allowed in Texas. Massachusetts is for sissies.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 11:53 AM
Ray

Barbara and Laura are a couple of nitwits. Pro-aborts, they help prove how calculating the Bush men are. George, Dubya and Jeb are either anti-abortion or they respect their wives/mothers/daughter-in-laws. Can't be both.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 11:57 AM
anon

I was expecting this thread to be about the W hotels - while beautifully designed, the crowd they attract is invariably tragic hipsters - imagine my surprise....

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 12:03 PM
ronnie, jr.

No sissies in Texas - oh please mary - any man who wears pointed toe footwear is a HUGE sissy.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 12:08 PM
sandi

Ronnie, I'd like to see you say that to a real cowboy, one that could snap you....

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 12:46 PM
anon

sandi - <BR>You mean a double snap around the world with a twist? (Men on Films/ Living Colour reference ) <BR> <BR>p.s -Sandi, you sound so butch - you've been increasing your testosterone shots again haven't you? Don't you know that hairy breasts are only attractive on virle Greek millionares?

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 01:33 PM
Capo

Very funny, thanks! #9 doesn't seem all that unrealistic...and I loved #8.

Old Jul 26th, 2001, 03:02 PM
sandi

Anon, <BR> <BR>I'm anything but butch, just saying that it's possible some beefy Texas boy with pointy boots might have something to say about you calling them sissy. <BR>(Just play the game and don't get personal!)