Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Visiting Kemeri National Park and Jurmala Beach

Old Feb 25th, 2019, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there, I'll be staying in Riga Old Town in May for just under three days. I was thinking one of these days would be nice to take a trip to Kemeri National Park and do the walk along the bogs(?), and then possibly check out Jurmala on the way back.

-what's the easiest way to do this, presumably via train? Do I take the train from Central Station to Kemeri Station, and walk to the park? And if so, does the path lead me BACK to the train station or will I have to turn around at some point and head back?
-is the Lake Kanieris nature trail the trail that takes you through that bog-type scenery/the same as the Great Kemeri boardwalk, or is this a different trail?
-once I'm back at Kemeri Station, how do I get to Jurmala to check out the beach etc? Do I get off at Majori station?

And finally, would this likely fill up a whole day/tire me out enough to be enough sightseeing for a day?

Thanks!

Last edited by vacatia; Feb 25th, 2019 at 05:49 AM.
Old Feb 25th, 2019, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replying to myself it seems, but I did more digging and it seems the trail I'm thinking of that has the walkway through reeds is the actual trail along Lake Kaniera. That said, it seems like it's too far to walk to from the bog boardwalk. I guess the only way to get there is via car?