Notices

Visiting Antequera/Mijas from Marbella

Old Apr 26th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visiting Antequera/Mijas from Marbella

I'm contemplating a daytrip from Marbella to either Mijas or Antequera and if I end up traveling solo I don't want to rent a car. It looks like there is a bus connection from Marbella-Fuengirola-Mijas, is there anything direct? How about from Marbella to Antequera?

Thanks!
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 09:05 PM

Neither Antequera or Mijas is particularly well connected, and much less to Marbella, which is itself a satellite city of Málaga. I know there are no direct trains, and buses are probably as you said, routed through Fuengirola or Málaga. I did a search in Spanish and didn't find any direct routes.

I don't know Mijas, but Antequera is a lovely place and if you are there in the late fall, you can go visit a mantecado factory (Spanish Christmas candy). Amazing!
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Right now the best I'm finding to Antequera is via Malaga (50 minutes) plus the trip from Marbella to Malaga (45 minutes).

And Mijas, I'd have to go through Fuengirola (1 hr, not seeing any direct buses) and another 25 mintues to Mijas.

Maybe I will just rent a car. Or look for an organized day trip.
Old May 6th, 2006, 05:44 AM

While there is no direct bus from Marbella to Mijas, the buses run every half hour from Marbella to Fuengirola where it is easy to connect to Mijas. Mijas is a pretty town and offers nice shopping. It is a pleasant way to spend some time. Antequera is more typically Spanish and is lovely and interesting with some very old churches and Roman ruins. However, as far as I can determine the only access by bus would be via Malaga. On the other hand there is sure to be a tour to Antequera offered by many travel agencies or even your hotel in Marbella. Try Andalucia.com for information.
Old May 7th, 2006, 06:35 PM

While Mijas is charming, I thought it was VERY touristy. Haven't been to Antequera. If you aim is to see a really charming white village, I think there are better choices than Mijas, but am not sure that's what you want.