Visa for Europe?

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Original Poster
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visa for Europe?

Hey all!
So in August I am going to Europe from Australia for a period of 2 months (weeeeee!!)
I will be in Italy for 6 weeks, a week in England and a week in France.
What sort of visa will I need for this. A bit of a travel newbie and looking for some kind of direction.... help!
Thank you
Kaylanne is offline  
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not entirely sure of the details, but I believe that if you are going to be in Europe for under 90 days, you do not need any visa
meganxfitz is offline  
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,827
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your Visa is the stamp you'll receive when you go through passport control when you first enter the EU. As noted, it will be good for 90 days.
Robert2533 is offline  
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Original Poster
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great! So does that cover me if I decide to skip over to France and England for a little bit or are there different rules?
Kaylanne is offline  
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 427
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should look at this:

and this:

Read all details carefully and take note of time limits for staying in this area; and then if you do not hold Australian citizenship follow any instructions.

If you do hold Australian citizenship I am pretty sure thing are very simple.

Enjoy your holiday planning.
love_travel_Aus is offline  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 17,254
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An Australian in good standing (ie one not intending to work or study here, and able to convince a border official he won't seek work or be a drain on public resources while here) is allowed into the UK for six months. Typically that happens (the six months extension, and if you look dodgy the interrogation) each time an Australian presents himself at a UK border.

The rules other European countries impose on foreigners have nothing to do with the UK: there's no such thing as a "visa for Europe" any more than there is a "visa for Asia"

A group of other European countries (some in the EU, some not) offer a common scheme, called Schengen. They include Italy and France, and the rules limiting you to 90 days in total there out of any 180 do not affect the time you may spend in Britain.

However, since Australians have the highest incidence of any nation of illegal overstay, don't be offended if you're closely questioned on arrival in Britain.
flanneruk is offline  
Related Topics
Original Poster
Last Post
Mar 10th, 2019 01:11 PM
Apr 9th, 2016 09:23 AM
Nov 28th, 2015 09:46 PM
Dec 28th, 2008 03:47 PM
Sep 7th, 2003 06:02 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information