Reload this Page >

Vincent, where are you?

Search

Vincent, where are you?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 1999, 03:17 PM
Mary

Vincent, where are you?

I am a regular Fodorite - always reading, sometimes contributing and I miss Vincent. Where are you? I have another Paris trip on the horizon - this time with a friend - and I know I'm going to need your expertise. How about it, Vincent? Let's hear from you.

Old Oct 28th, 1999, 07:23 AM
topper

How come nobody misses me when I go away......?

Old Oct 28th, 1999, 09:38 AM
dan woodlief

I am drinking a toast to you as I type. Bottoms up Topper.

Old Oct 28th, 1999, 12:47 PM
cherie

I betcha he's watching the ocean atop some yacht tied up at Dana Point....

Old Oct 28th, 1999, 12:57 PM
dan

I could have told you, Vincent, this forum was never made for one as beautiful as you.

Old Oct 28th, 1999, 02:16 PM
Jeanne

Oh, Dan, you are so cool. When I read the original posting, I began humming the song in my head. But you, Dan, gave it words! A very sweet posting. <BR> <BR>Jeanne

Old Oct 29th, 1999, 07:14 AM
Bob Brown

I recall a response from Vincent in which he said he was being moved from Paris to London. I don't recall seeing any thing from him since that time. <BR>

Old Oct 29th, 1999, 07:20 AM
martha python

But Bob, at the time he promised he'd be able to provide advice on Paris and London thanks to the transfer. Instead, all is silence. Like Mary, I miss him.

Old Oct 29th, 1999, 07:26 AM
Brian in Atlanta

I imagine he's having trouble pluging in his computer into those funny 3-prong British plugs.

Old Oct 29th, 1999, 08:06 AM
elaine

<BR>Dear Vincent fans <BR>He and I have emailed a few times and a while back he mentioned a trip he would be taking in October. <BR>So, hopefully his absence is temporary.

Old Oct 29th, 1999, 08:19 AM
Bob Brown

I know, Martha, I read the same message. <BR>It was not a farewell, but I don't recall seeing anything more recent that that particular posting.. <BR> <BR>I emailed him directly, but so far no response of any kind -- not even a rejection by the postmaster software at his old email address. Hopefully the old address is still viable or at least has a forwarding file. <BR> <BR>There are any number of scenarios we could play out. But a logical one is that he had a lot of vacation time saved up and is making use of it before taking up his new position. Europeans seem to get about a month per year while most of us over here are lucky to get 3 weeks. So if he had time in the bank, it is conceivable that he took 5 weeks or so. That, plus relocation hassels, could explain his absence. I am trying to keep my thoughts positive. <BR> <BR>It might be a connectivity problem. I never netted in the UK, so I don't know how easy it is to get set up.

Old Oct 29th, 1999, 10:57 AM
Maira

I thought Vincent got a job in the UK and was in the process of moving... <BR> <BR>(I would swear I read that somewhere...)

Old Oct 29th, 1999, 11:28 AM
cherie

You guys all knowhow much he loves Laguna Beach and Vegas....maybe he's just taking a holiday. Vincent....where are you?

Old Oct 30th, 1999, 06:06 AM
Mary

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I missed the posting he made that he was moving. My husband and I hosted a French student and didn't have time to go near my computer when he was here. Good to know also that he was taking an extended vacation. When he returns, he'll be as informative and entertaining as usual. It'll be good to welcome him back.