Reload this Page >

Villas in Tuscany

Search

Villas in Tuscany

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 06:24 PM
Heidi

Villas in Tuscany

There are 6 of us girls (highschool friends celebrating our 40th birthday) going to Tuscany in June 2001 for 10 days. We are thinking about renting a villa and renting a minivan. We need some recommendations. HELP!!

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 07:59 PM
elvira

There are lots of websites for renting houses, but the ones I have used were for France, so I don't have any recommendations on specific agents for Italy. <BR> <BR>I can tell you that the minivans in Europe barely fit 6 women and minimum luggage (one 21" pilot case and small totebag). We ended up renting two small cars; they held us more comfortably, and gave us the option of splitting up if we wanted (5 wanted to visit some caves, 3 wanted to visit more castles, so everyone got to do what they wanted that day). Especially on very tiny country roads, the smaller cars were much more maneuverable.

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 01:51 PM
sally

Heidi: autoeurope.com is good site for <BR>renting a car(s). As to accomodations, here are some sites I've seen posted here at Fodor's: emetti.com, initaly.com <BR>venere.com, italiareservations, guestin <BR>italy.com. Go to intro page to Fodor's, <BR>scroll to the bottom, and click on "past <BR>hosted forums" and look under Europe. <BR>There are 2 that were on Tuscany and I know that both hosts answered questions <BR>re: accomodations; maybe that will help <BR>you. You have lots of time, so you can <BR>easily find a book the ideal place!!

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 03:53 PM
nancy

Heidi, <BR>Great idea! <BR>In a 2003 for my 50th, I am taking my sister and two other "best" friends to Italy for 10-14 days. <BR>I found a great company ,that I called last year (for our family trip in 2001) <BR>Their name is The Parker Company. <BR>They sent me a free 300 page catalog , filled with places to rent in Italy. <BR>Lots in Tuscany. <BR>The phone # is 800-280-2811 <BR>Web site is www.theparkercompany.com <BR>I have not used them yet, but they have been advertising in the New York Times Travel section for quite awhile. <BR>Enjoy, and get their book. <BR>I call it my dream book. <BR>Have fun on your B-Day!!! <BR>Nancy

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 05:13 PM
Cass

We found lots of interesting places in Italy (specifically Tuscany and Umbria) at http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/ (We chose one that sounds great but haven't stayed there yet, so can't say for sure!) Parker Company looked pretty pricey. Here is another appealing one, just didn't work out for us. <BR> <BR>Good luck. Sounds like fun

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 06:27 PM
Susan

I rented a villa in Tuscany for 2 weeks this July from a company in Great Barrington, Mass. Their phone number is 800-533-5405. I started late and they only had one offering that met my requirements. It sounds perfect so we took it. The other company I wanted to use is Vacanza Bella in San Francisco, Cal. Their phone is 415-554-0234, email is www.vbella.com. I started too late and they had nothing left. I suggest you start early. You can email me for more info. Sounds like so much fun! Good luck! <BR>Susan

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 04:37 AM
candy

i hosted one of the fodors forums sally mentioned--the one on ESCAPE TO TUSCANY--so naturally recommend that you have a look there for ideas. when i was researching my book, i thought if i ever could get six people together, i'd love to rent one of the two cottages at Volpaia, in Chianti. Volpaia is an ancient hilltown set atop hills covered in vineyards. the cottages, each with its own pool, are set amid the vineyards, just down the hill from the village, where an excellent winery has been fitted into the old buildings--a fermenting room in the cellars of an old church, a pressing room behind huge oaken doors you'd never suspect harbored the modern equipment... it's heavenly, and a good base for exploring chianti. anyway, there's more on it and other places in the forum. happy holiday.

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 08:41 AM
jeff holmes

Six of rented from these folks in fall of 98 and found the place to be extraordinary. <BR> <BR>http://www.italiareservations.com/ <BR> <BR>You will be way up a mountainside with spectacular views; in the country but not remote--nearby towns offer markets, restaurants, etc.. <BR> <BR>Within striling distance of Assis; Perugia, Deruta, Torgiano in Umbria or Cortona, Siena and Florence in Tuscany. <BR> <BR>Beautiful views, wonderful villa(s) and much to do!

Old Jun 21st, 2000, 08:41 AM
jeff holmes

Six of rented from these folks in fall of 98 and found the place to be extraordinary. <BR> <BR>http://www.italiareservations.com/ <BR> <BR>You will be way up a mountainside with spectacular views; in the country but not remote--nearby towns offer markets, restaurants, etc.. <BR> <BR>Within striling distance of Assis; Perugia, Deruta, Torgiano in Umbria or Cortona, Siena and Florence in Tuscany. <BR> <BR>Beautiful views, wonderful villa(s) and much to do!