Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Villa L'Olmo in Impruneta, any feedback?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 05:29 AM
curious

I am just beginning to investigate rental villas in Tuscany for next summer. We want to be as close to Florence as possible and also close to Chianti. This place seems to be in an ideal spot plus it has a pool, which is a must for our 9 and 12 year old sons. Has anyone stayed here and can comment on it? Thanks.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 06:13 AM
leo

curious, <BR> <BR>I do not know anything about the particular villa, but I did drive through and stop in Impruneta several different times. It is just off the main road from Florence and at the "entrance" to Chianti. It was semi-industrial area. We drove around the town looking for a grocery and ATM and the parts I saw were not very interesting. I think that your could find a much nicer city to meet your requirements. How many days will you actually go into Florence? and how do you want to get there? Car, bus, train- there are lots of options in smaller more beautiful towns. For example, the town of Greve is very interesting, and the countryside is just beautiful and has bus service to Florence several times a day. We stayed east of Siena, and took the commuter train into Florence -it was a direct shot about 30 mintues- much faster than driving on a weekday. Plus we could drive into Siena for dinner. Perhaps there are pretty parts of Impruneta. Others can inform you of them. good luck <BR> <BR>Leo

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 10:42 AM
curious

The previous times we were in Florence, we stayed on the fringes of the city (name of the place escapes me), so we went into the city every evening for dinner and then drove through Chianti during the day. The inn was very nice, but had no pool. Since we will now be with the kids, I wanted to stay somewhere with a pool. Where did you stay in Greve? I saw some nice places there but it seemed a bit far to Florence. We were thinking of staying in Chianti a whole week but I really am not sure that we'll have enough to do. The most I've stayed previously is 3 days. We will have a car. Can you tell me (in minutes) how far Greve is to Florence? To Siena? Thanks for your help!

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 12:15 PM
christina

ciao curious <BR> <BR>impruneta is infact a nice town, the thing is that you have to know where to go and it indeed seems to "drive buy people" that it's boring. there's a lot of higlife during the evening, between 1.00 p.m. and 5.30 p.m. it's a dead place. i heard good things about villa l'olmo they aren't in the spot of impruneta but in the community of impruneta. from impruneta you are within 15 minutes in the heart of firenze. greve is worth a trip to stay there and in it's surroundings several hours. drivingdistance (the italian way) from greve to florence is 30 minutes. <BR> <BR>i live nearby impruneta and parts of my family live in impruneta if you want to have more infos don't hesistate to e-mail me. <BR> <BR>tanti saluti <BR> <BR>christina

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 07:57 AM
curious

Molti ringraziamenti per il suo Christina di aiuto - curious