Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Villa/farmhouse to rent near Pienza (Tuscany)-any recommendations on who we should contact?

Search

Villa/farmhouse to rent near Pienza (Tuscany)-any recommendations on who we should contact?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 1998, 04:04 PM
Midey

We will be traveling to Tuscany during September/October 1999 and would like any recommendations on companies or people to contact regarding rental of a Tuscan villa or farmhouse near Pienza or Montepulciano. We are willing to contact owners/agents directly in the Tuscany, so please feel free to offer recommendations outside of the U.S. <BR> <BR>In addition to the basic questions regarding price, number or rooms, baths, furnishings, etc. What else should we be sure to discuss with the agent or owner? Is water and electricity normally included in the price of the rental? Are dishes, cooking utensils, fresh linens and towels provided? <BR> <BR>Recommendations and comments regarding your villa/farmhouse experiences will be most appreciated. <BR> <BR>Grazie mille!

Old Jul 21st, 1998, 07:29 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Midey, I have most of the rental catalogs and know of several web sites for Tuscany rentals. Your choice of locations is a good one. There will be <BR>several options for you to consider. Please contact <BR>me directly if you want me to search my sources or <BR>do some homework for you.

Old Jul 21st, 1998, 12:39 PM
jennifer

I recently rented an apartment on a working vineyard near Castellina in Chianti. I worked with Kit Burns at Doorways Intl. She has a website - villavacations.com which includes great info and pictures. Our apartment was immaculate and included everything we needed. It did not have a tv or radio/stereo. The view was absolutely wonderful and the owners of the property were onsite for any assistance we needed. Kit represents a number of properties of different types in Chianti. She also helped me with rail and other hotel accomodations. Her assistance Susan is also helpful. <BR> <BR>I tried working with a couple of the larger agencies but it appeared that they all were working from the same catalog and didn't have any personal knowledge of the properties listed. I believe it was the Cuedent catalog. Kit has stayed at many of the properties she reps. <BR> <BR>Please feel free to e-mail for further info. <BR>Have fun.

Old Jul 22nd, 1998, 07:11 AM
Midey

Jennifer, <BR> <BR>Thanks so much for your recommendation. I took a look at villavacations.com and they do have a nice selection of properties. The descriptions and pictures are very informative. Hopefully they'll have something near Pienza or Montepulciano. <BR> <BR>Best Regards, <BR> <BR>Midey

Old Jul 26th, 1998, 08:03 PM
Joanne

We stayed at the Palazzo Bandino in Chianciano Terme near Montepulciano. The buildings seemed new but the atmosphere was charming. They were i the middle of a vineyard, had a swimming pool, and various types of accomodations: one bedroom villa with linens and dishes supplied, and several 2 bedroom, 2 bath apts. When we needed a bottle of wine, we bougt one from the winery for $1!!

Old Jul 27th, 1998, 10:25 AM
jennifer

<BR>i have recently received a booklet about tuscany from a travel agency. here is the address and phone #: <BR> <BR>europa-let/tropical inn-let, inc. <BR>92 n. main st. <BR>ashland, oregon <BR>97520 usa <BR> <BR>tel: 541-482-5806 <BR> 800-462-4486 <BR> <BR>fax: 541-482-0660

Old Jul 27th, 1998, 10:38 AM
jennifer

<BR>Europa-Let <BR>92 N. Main st. <BR>Ashland, OR <BR>97520 USA <BR> <BR>Tel: 541-482-5806 <BR> 800-462-4486 <BR> <BR>Fax: 541-482-0660 <BR> <BR>E-mail: [email protected] <BR> <BR>They helped me alot!!!

Old Jul 27th, 1998, 10:38 AM
jennifer

<BR>Europa-Let <BR>92 N. Main st. <BR>Ashland, OR <BR>97520 USA <BR> <BR>Tel: 541-482-5806 <BR> 800-462-4486 <BR> <BR>Fax: 541-482-0660 <BR> <BR>E-mail: [email protected] <BR> <BR>They helped me alot!!!

Old Jul 27th, 1998, 10:42 AM
jennifer

<BR>i have recently received a booklet about tuscany <BR>from a travel agency. here is the address and <BR>phone #: <BR> <BR>europa-let/tropical inn-let, inc. <BR>92 n. main st. <BR>ashland, oregon <BR>97520 usa <BR> <BR>tel: 541-482-5806 <BR> 800-462-4486 <BR> <BR>fax: 541-482-0660 <BR> <BR>email: [email protected]

Old Jul 27th, 1998, 10:42 AM
jennifer

<BR>i have recently received a booklet about tuscany <BR>from a travel agency. here is the address and <BR>phone #: <BR> <BR>europa-let/tropical inn-let, inc. <BR>92 n. main st. <BR>ashland, oregon <BR>97520 usa <BR> <BR>tel: 541-482-5806 <BR> 800-462-4486 <BR> <BR>fax: 541-482-0660 <BR> <BR>email: [email protected]

Old Jul 28th, 1999, 09:10 AM
topper

For Ben.

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 12:30 PM
Susan

I have spent the past several months researching villas for 10 friends to stay in June 2000. I concentrated around Seina. If you check back posts on the travel bulletin board on AOL you will find an entire page of companies that rent. Many will offer the same catalog. I settled on a place thorugh the Parker Company (www.theparkercompany.com) They have exclusive rentals and at least with my research are very reputable. One thing to keep in mind, you get what you pay for! I have heard horror stories. Also remember you will not have a/c or even screens on the windows with a villa or farmhouse. Heat is often an extra fee. Again if you read back posts on the AOL board you will find a lot of detailed info!

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 07:40 PM
Diane

http://www.awts.com/tuscany/homelist.htm <BR> <BR>this is the site we have rented from for a couple of days in Oct.

Old Jul 31st, 1999, 11:40 AM
Jeanne Mills

Midey and everyone else: <BR> <BR>Some people have recommended Europa-Let. You should know that last week this company was charged by state and federal authorities with fraud and theft of hundreds of thousands of dollars. We are renting agents also and we work collaboratively with our competitors, but you should avoid Europa-Let. If you have anyquestions about this, you could contact the Ashland (Oregon) police department of the Medford (Oregon) Mail Tribune which has been running stories about this sad affair. <BR> <BR>I read this Forum often, but have never written before. I am so impressed by everyone's knowledge and enthusiasm. <BR> <BR>Jeanne

Old Jul 31st, 1999, 05:59 PM
Mary Lou

I'm planning a trip to the Tuscano region for Summer of 2000! Think this is too soon? The farmhouses in the Chianti region are already booked! <BR>ADVICE NEEDED: I found 2 possibilities and wondered if anyone can help me choose. First, outside of Siena, a country apartment called "i Papaveri." The other choice is a farmhouse apartment called "I Cipressi" at Casanova, located near San Donato and Castellina. What do you think? Which should we take (there are 6 of us)?