Vietre sul Mare?

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 06:23 PM
Chris

Vietre sul Mare?

I was wondering where this ceramic factory is?
Thanks,
Chris

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 06:50 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Chris, The entire town is a ceramic factory--hard to miss the dozens of shops all in one area. You can buy the same stuff at many outlets along the coast---there are good prices in Ravello at the place right behind the main piazza. The girl is high pressure but good--you can bargain.

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 06:56 PM
chris

Thanks Bob, we will be sure to make it there!
Chris

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 06:56 PM
Book Chick

Chris,
If you were driving down the Amalfi coast (say, from Rome or Naples)you'll pass Sorrento, Ravello, and Vietre sul Mare will be the last place on the Amalfi coast prior to Salerno. Bob the Nav is right, that's about it to the whole town. But he's right about something else, too--almost all, if not all the stuff you find there, you can find elsewhere on the Amalfi coast in a more scenic locale.

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 07:44 PM
BillJ

Vietre Sul Mare is at the east end of the Amalfi coast. One would enter the Amalfi coast drive to Amalfi and/or Positano from Salerno, or Rome, through Vietre. The town is a collection of large and small ceramic factories. You might want to see my response to a nearby thread "Favorite drives on the Amalfi Coast"