Reload this Page >

Via del Amore? How easy is easy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 12:34 PM
DebiC

Now that this road is open again. Can someone tell me how easy is easy? All the things I have read say it is a wide paved level road, accessible to strollers (not that I will have one). My FIL might have some issues with this road if it really as easy as some people say. I know he probably can't manage the other trails, but I would love to at least experience this road. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 12:44 PM
eu

Via dell'Amore is 1km long, on plain, not narrow and paved.

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 02:28 PM
Diane

In looking over my journal I see that we started the hike in Riomaggiore walking to Manarola. Easy, scenic walk after going up over 100 steps.

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 02:48 PM
Ladybug

Debi, back in May 1995 it was as easy as a "hike" gets. More like a "walk," since regular walking shoes were perfectly fine and the trail was like a walking path. Wonderfully scenic, of course. <BR> <BR>You should definitely try this walk if you can't do the others, or you'll never forgive yourself. <BR>

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 04:03 PM
DebiC

GREAT! Thanks! I really wanted to do this and now that I know my father-in-law shoudnt have any problems, I can't wait! <BR>