Very nice evening at Bofinger for crepes a go go

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time to Bofinger on Tuesday night - my mom, my two sons of 15 and 11 and my Parisienne friend and her 9 month old. Prix fixe menu of 32€ was excellent, lots of choices.

One of the entrée choices was raw oysters, for which I opted, and which were just as sweet and salty as any I've ever had in France. My sons had foie gras de canard and my mother and friend had a terrine de saumon. All were exquisite.

For the plat principal, mom had truite (trout), one son and I had civet (deer) and other son and friend chose le canard (duck). Divine!

Other than the claofoutis, the other desserts were new to me and unfortunately I don't remember the names, but none disappointed. As with each course of the meal, in addition to the choices listed on prix fixe menu, the waiter offered their special offering of the day.

Since we didn't know in advance when we would dine there, we were unable to take advantage of booking on the internet for the 20% price reduction. And when my friend called for reservations for the following evening, the restaurant was already fully booked. However, the hostess told her that if you are willing to dine a bit early (6.30 to 8) they always keep tables for last minute visitors. With two boys and a baby, dining early was perfect for us. We were treated royally, much easier to do I am sure since there were very few diners at this early time. Marvelous experience - I highly recommend it.
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 01:53 PM

Crepes, I'd forgotten that you were going to Paris over T-giving! Are you still there? Sounds as though you're having a wonderful time!

Sue
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 02:05 PM

Just read another thread and see that you are home already! With any luck with USAirways I will try Bofinger in May.

Was this your boys' or mom's first trip to Paris? Did you consider going to Tours and saying hello to CLE? I've not been back, but my friend still corresponds with and visits her "family" from 1994.
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Yes, we returned yesterday. This was the first trip for my mom and my 11 year old son. I took my 15 year old two years ago, but he was overly thrilled to go again as he is taking French in school this year.

I did go to Tours for my last day and night. I am in regular email contact with ma famille française. They prepared a wonderful dinner for me and my crew, and we just had a fabulous visit. My kids loved them, and they loved my kids. I even went by CLE and was able to catch my teacher, and we had a wonderful visit as well.

My sons were really happy to see where I had spent my 6 weeks away from home. They want to go back to Tours and spend a week touring that area of France. My "family" told them they hoped they would both consider coming there to do a semester study abroad and live with them! I cried like a child when François put us on the train the next morning back to CDG. It was truly the best experience of my life.
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 06:08 PM

Yup- Bofinger is a great Paris institution. Always great food, good atmosphere, and great prices! Glad you had a good dinner.
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 06:10 PM

What a wonderful experience for you, your family, and votre famille francaise! How good that you were able to get back to France so soon! (Everytime I see your posts, I think that I will try to make contact with my CLE family again, too; they probably have email today, and that would make it easy!)
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 07:58 AM

Glad to hear that service and food at Bofinger are as good as ever.

Also, (remembering your posts earlier in the year prior to your solo trip) it's great to read about your return to Tours and your positive experiences there
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 11:24 AM

what neighborhood is Bofinger located? We'll be there in 3 weeks and it sounds like an affordable but reputable placew to go. Can you give me the email address so I can make an on-line reservation and get the price reduction?
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 11:41 AM

Go to www.bofingerparis.com for location details, etc. The 20% discount may be over for the year as they are promoting a new special to begin in Jan 2005. You can still reserve online and it is a very festive brasserie for the holidays!
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 03:19 PM

Good old Bofinger -- temple of seafood and stick to the ribs eating!

A (male) friend was scheduled to dine there with five or six women -- lesbians and committed feminists.

According to the women, when they arrived a bit early the waiter greeted them with "Alors, mesdames, vous etes seules?" ("Dining alone, ladies?&quot

When my male friend finally arrived, the waiter relaxed, smiled broadly and declared "Mesdames, vous n'etes plus seules".
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 03:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Crepes, welcome back and happy you enjoyed the ALL time Bofinger, Paris's favorite Brasserie.
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

sandi, Bofinger is just a few steps from the Bastille metro stop. Here is the website to reserve online.

http://www.flobrasseries.com/brasser...sp?brasserie=4