Reload this Page >

.........vers Paris par voiture

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Lynne

<BR><BR>Hi - got the diesel deal figured out - now<BR>on to another query: we're picking up our<BR>Kangoo (!) at Porte de Pantin on the edge<BR>of the l9 eme and we're staying on Champs<BR>de Mars in the 7 eme......I see that there<BR>is a ring road made up of boulevards - would<BR>this be the 'easiest' way get back to the 7 eme? And when we reach (if we do) bd.Victor<BR>what would be the best way of getting to CdM?<BR><BR>Yes, I do have maps, yes, I have checked them. I'd ask Mr. Michelin but he may not<BR>have the hands-on-wheels experience y'all<BR>do! <BR><BR>Hope this question isn't too frivolous - and<BR>thanks for any directions (!)

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 02:39 PM
StCirq

Are you sure you really want to do this? Where will you park at the CDM?<BR><BR>Assuming there's a very good reason for this plan, here's how to exit it:<BR><BR>Take the p&eacute;riph&eacute;rique (north or south - there's no reason I know of why one would be better than the other, and you're just about halfway around from where you want to exit)to the Porte d'Orl&eacute;ans. Get off and go straight up the Avenue du G&eacute;n&eacute;ral LeClerc. At the Place Denfert Rochereau turn left onto the Boulevard Raspail. Take that to the Boulevard Montparnasse and turn left. Stay on it after it turns into Boulevard des Invalides. Right about at the Invalides itself, turn wleft onto the Avenue de Tourville. That will dump you into the Place Ecole Militaire. Turn right into the Place and then right again on the Avenue Bosquet. The rue du Champ de Mars is the third street on you right. Hotel is at the end of the block on the right.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Lynne

Hi St.Cirq;<BR><BR>Have we got a good reason for doing this<BR>- excellent question! Our problem is<BR>1)we're in our 60's 2) my husband is<BR>dragging a bike box along and 3) we<BR>like yelling at one another in foreign<BR>cities!<BR><BR>We'll be in Paris already stayingat the<BR>Relais Bosquet(which has parking) then<BR>we're driving down to Provence. Rather<BR>than amuse the natives with our antics<BR>on the Metro avec un velo, I thought it<BR>would make more sense to pick up the car<BR>the day before we leave and go back to<BR>the hotel, load up the damned bike and<BR>be ready to leave the next morning at<BR>first light ;-)<BR><BR>Well, you were kind enough to ask!<BR>Any other suggestions will be most<BR>gratefully received and pondered.<BR>If not, thank you, St.Cirq for your<BR>thorough directions (care to take <BR>over the driving?)

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 04:05 PM
StCirq

Lynne:<BR><BR>Well, it appears you do have a reasonable plan. I am worried about your finding parking, though (I'm in that neighborhood in Paris quite a few times a year). If you find yourself at wits' end seeking a parking spot, go back to the Place Ecole Militaire and around it and out the Avenue Duquesne. There's a service road that runs alongside the main avenue on both sides, and it's often possible to find a perfectly legal space there, as long as you park before sunset. You'd have about a 7-minute walk back to the hotel from there. You can also look for the same kind of parking (service road) on the Avenue de Tourville. Best of luck, and certainly, I'd be happy to drive for you! I learned to drive in Paris many years ago when I was young and intrepid, so it doesn't bother me, but without such experience I think I'd be a bit horrified at the prospect.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Lynne

<BR><BR>Ah, St.Cirq! Thanks to your great<BR>response our menage a trois (me, DH<BR>and the bike) have decided 'twould<BR>be saner and safer to take a taxi to<BR>Porte de Patin and continue on from<BR>there - outward bound away from the<BR>madding crowd &lt;g&gt;. Thanks so much<BR>for helping us see the light!

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 05:34 PM
StCirq

Phew!! Near miss, there....I think you'll be pleased you changed your plans.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Sue

Lynne--good decision! I'm staying at the Relais Bosquet in April. Have you been there before? Many hotels in city centers "claim" parking when they really mean they are just close to a public parking lot!

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Admiring

Bravo,St Cirque-giving excellent directions and advice and Lynne for accepting it with such good will..if only these boards were always so charmingly helpful.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Lynne

<BR>Hi Sue:<BR>No, we won't be there until l8th May<BR>- p'haps you'll post your opinions <BR>here.<BR><BR>When I went to the hotel's website it<BR>wasn't all that clear on 'stationment'<BR>- just that parking was 9,70 Euros per<BR>day.<BR><BR>Lynne,<BR>off to hunt up another quandry!